Renewing my visa tomorrow.

Wait - I'm not sure I'm understanding. You wrote "By the way, the extension grants you 180 days from your last entry, not 90 days from the day you are granted the extension. So my advice is to take care of this sooner than later, no reason to delay."

Can you confirm they wrote 180 days in your passport from the date you entered the first time? I have never heard of that. And if so, that is DEFINITELY an anomaly - it is always 90 days as that is the law and starts from the moment that the extension is granted. So if you went Feb 26, they would give you a 90 day extension to May 26.

if it's 300 pesos for 180 days, I might have to knock colonia on the head!

those stray dogs will miss me. :(

For me, it worked out to be 180 days from the last time I entered the country, not 90 days from the day I requested the extension. I went Feb 26 but was given an extension until June 2 which is exactly 6 months after the time I last entered the country. I also asked the immigrations official about this before my extension was granted and it was explained to me this way as well. Perhpas it was an anomaly, I don't know as it was my first time.

Back