Rent deposit

IamWaldo

Registered
Hi,

After a few months of travelling through BA and other cities, I want to be looking to settle down somewhere and I saw some nice homes in the gated communities.
Now i got a little bit spooked by reading somewhere that you need to deposit 6-12 months upfront, that seems quiet a lot.
Anyone can give me some advice on this?

Thanks!

Hi,

After a few months of travelling through BA and other cities, I want to be looking to settle down somewhere and I saw some nice homes in the gated communities.
Now i got a little bit spooked by reading somewhere that you need to deposit 6-12 months upfront, that seems quiet a lot.
Anyone can give me some advice on this?

Thanks!
I'd take a look at the apartment Rich posted for rent - before you wander into the gated communities, which by the way are no guarantee of safety.

It may depend on your residential status. If you are a temporary or permanent resident and have access to a garantia there is no reason why you shouldn't rent in the same way as a local. As I understand it (from a local rental property owner) it's something of a seller's market right now so anybody without residency + gtee would need to make up for their disadvantage hence paying a year up front etc etc.

Back