Deposit for Rentista Visa

Dani80

Registered
Hello everyone

I been searching websites for Rentista Visa and know the requirements of income of at least 30,000 Argentinian Pesos
But I found some websites suggest the following that instead of proving the annual income, the requirement may be fulfilled by making a bank deposit of at least ARS30,000 at a local bank.

If you please can answer my following questions:
1- can some please confirm if that is possible to deposit 30000 Pesos in local bank and i can get the Rentista Visa instead of the required annual income? Or if the deposit is more than 30000 please tell me how much can be deposited in local bank?

2- if deposit is possible, when can i withdraw those 30000 pesos again? And can it be deposited as cash in local bank or it has to be international bank transfer from my home country?

3- can i start any small business if i got Rentista visa, open small take away shop for example or am i limited to specific types of businesses?

I am planning to start small business and will hire few persons but i can't afford investor visa and Rentista visa suitable for my savings

Thanks in advance

1. You cannot open a bank account without Permanent Residency.
I suggest you just come, go for student visa.
Once you have that “green card” you go to AFIP and open monotributo and then you have a social security number.
I suggest you go for citizenship in parallel. You do not need legal residency neither the 2 previous years to apply, but the law requires the 2 years for granting citizenship.
Bring with you 1) birth certificate and 2) FBI criminal Check, both apostilled.

Hello everyone

I been searching websites for Rentista Visa and know the requirements of income of at least 30,000 Argentinian Pesos
But I found some websites suggest the following that instead of proving the annual income, the requirement may be fulfilled by making a bank deposit of at least ARS30,000 at a local bank.
The visa rentista requires a stable source of passive income and you have to show (to migraciones satisfaction) that you are receiving that income and will continue to receive it for as long as the visa is granted.

Simply making cash deposits to an Argentine bank account will not satisfy the requirement, no matter how much money you have in your savings account(s) or the value of other investments.

The last time migraciones actually published the monthy income requirement of $30.000 ARS was a number of years ago.

I seriously doubt that number is still valid and most likely is at least three tmes that now (but I am not certain).

If you please can answer my following questions:
1- can some please confirm if that is possible to deposit 30000 Pesos in local bank and i can get the Rentista Visa instead of the required annual income? Or if the deposit is more than 30000 please tell me how much can be deposited in local bank?

Even if the monthly income requirement is still only $30,000 pesos, the answer is no.

2- if deposit is possible, when can i withdraw those 30000 pesos again? And can it be deposited as cash in local bank or it has to be international bank transfer from my home country?

There is a "tourist" bank account that has apparently been offered without any takers, but you would need to have temorary residency with the DNI and CIUT/CUIL before you could open a "regular" bank account to which you could transfer the funds.

3- can i start any small business if i got Rentista visa, open small take away shop for example or am i limited to specific types of businesses?

I am planning to start small business and will hire few persons but i can't afford investor visa and Rentista visa suitable for my savings

You can start almost any business you want after you get the visa rentista, but you can't get the visa rentista without satisfying the monthy passive income requirement first.

Once you have that “green card” you go to AFIP and open monotributo and then you have a social security number.
I suggest you go for citizenship in parallel. You do not need legal residency neither the 2 previous years to apply, but the law requires the 2 years for granting citizenship.
You don't need permanent residency to open a bank account. I did it with temp recently.

You don't need permanent residency to open a bank account. I did it with temp recently.
Interesting. Can you tell us how? What are the steps? What do you need? For example do you need tourist visa that is not overdue? DNI? CUIL?

Interesting. Can you tell us how? What are the steps? What do you need? For example do you need tourist visa that is not overdue? DNI? CUIL?
You still need at least temp residency and a DNI. And only the Argentine banks or online banks will do it. International banks like HSBC won't do it unless you work in Argentina.

Thanks for your reply and your new suggestion for student visa but can you please clarify your reply as i don't know many things about green card and AFIB

My questions:
1- When will i get that green card? After finish studying or once i get the student visa?
2- When will be the citizenship?
3- All i need is to be able to live and start business in Argentina so after how long exactly since i arrive with tourist visa (or student visa) can i start small business? Do i have to finish studying or can i do it parallel?

4- Can 42 years old switch from tourist visa to student visa?

5- Can studying Spanish give student Visa or i have Masters degree from Europe and i can do PhD and how much average cost of studying?

Sorry for all those questions but your reply opened a new hope for me after Rentista seemed possible

The visa rentista requires a stable source of passive income and you have to show (to migraciones satisfaction) that you are receiving that income and will continue to receive it for as long as the visa is granted.

Simply making cash deposits to an Argentine bank account will not satisfy the requirement, no matter how much money you have in your savings account(s) or the value of other investments.

The last time migraciones actually published the monthy income requirement of $30.000 ARS was a number of years ago.

I seriously doubt that number is still valid and most likely is at least three tmes that now (but I am not certain).

Even if the monthly income requirement is still only $30,000 pesos, the answer is no.

There is a "tourist" bank account that has apparently been offered without any takers, but you would need to have temorary residency with the DNI and CIUT/CUIL before you could open a "regular" bank account to which you could transfer the funds.

You can start almost any business you want after you get the visa rentista, but you can't get the visa rentista without satisfying the monthy passive income requirement first.
Thanks for your reply, when i first found this website and searched for Rentista i saw you been helping and replying to most of Rentista inquiries and your replies been helpful and was happy you replied to my question

According to your replies Rentista seems impossible so i would like to inquire about Investor visa, i saw the requirements of 1.5million pesos, if i came as tourist and opened the tourist bank account and got 10k Usd with me on arrival and transferred another 5k from my home country account so total 15k Usd, in black Market rate those 15k usd will get 1.5 million pesos, can this guarantee me investor visa ( some websites say 37.5k usd but i want to apply with 1.5 million pesos)

All i want to live and open small business in Argentina so please suggest possible and easy way that i can start business there with maximum of 20k Usd

Thanks for your help again

Thanks for your reply and your new suggestion for student visa but can you please clarify your reply as i don't know many things about green card and AFIB

My questions:
1- When will i get that green card? After finish studying or once i get the student visa?
2- When will be the citizenship?
3- All i need is to be able to live and start business in Argentina so after how long exactly since i arrive with tourist visa (or student visa) can i start small business? Do i have to finish studying or can i do it parallel?

4- Can 42 years old switch from tourist visa to student visa?

5- Can studying Spanish give student Visa or i have Masters degree from Europe and i can do PhD and how much average cost of studying?

1, The "green card" is the DNI (national identity doccument) with the CUIL/CUIT. You get it soon after the student visa is approved

2. Two years after your arrival

3.You can start a business as soon as you have the DNI CUIT/CUIL

4. Yes

5. Others can answer this one

PS: AFIP is the tax authority with whom you will have to register when you start your business. The CUIT/CUIL is your tax ID number

Thanks for your reply, when i first found this website and searched for Rentista i saw you been helping and replying to most of Rentista inquiries and your replies been helpful and was happy you replied to my question

According to your replies Rentista seems impossible so i would like to inquire about Investor visa, i saw the requirements of 1.5million pesos, if i came as tourist and opened the tourist bank account and got 10k Usd with me on arrival and transferred another 5k from my home country account so total 15k Usd, in black Market rate those 15k usd will get 1.5 million pesos, can this guarantee me investor visa ( some websites say 37.5k usd but i want to apply with 1.5 million pesos)

All i want to live and open small business in Argentina so please suggest possible and easy way that i can start business there with maximum of 20k Usd

Thanks for your help again
You sound both eager and in a bit of a rush. Are you, by any chance, Ukrainian, looking to start again at short notice in a new country?

Back