Rent Nightmare

I am really sorry you are going through that, and truth it, at this point, there is not much you can do. Only advice I can give you, which I think you just learned anyways, is that in Argentina, always attribute past good experiences to good luck, and handle any future interactions assuming the worst, because us Argentinians have this mindset where screwing people over is the norm, and more often than not, you are going to get burnt.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Quote[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also things like "incidentals" light bulbs, batteries in remote controls, etc. you should cover yourself. There is short term rental, and there is tourist rental. You are apparently staying there for a while (not just on vacation) so unless the contract states otherwise, lightbulbs and other incidentals are your responsibility[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]unquote[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thats true. I also stay in a short term "touristic rental" for past many years and I am made to pay for the light bulbs and batteries for the remote control! What the heck!!?? Total Blasphemy![/background]

Move. The owner is not reasonable and is not going to change. You might consult a lawyer prior to giving notice as I expect the owner may not return your deposit money. Do not tell the owner your plans until you have worked everything out with some legal advice. As for noisy kids, no excuse for that. Respect your neighbors. They have rights too. You can not complain, on the one hand, that the owner is unfair and, on the other, quote his approval of noisy children as a justification for making life hell for neighbors. Be fair and consistent.

Email will not do it. Call your landlord. Tell him about the bed, the heating and the TV. Inform him that if he does not take care of it, you will take care of it and deduct it from the rent. Call the real estate agents, and inform them that if they do not take care of this, you are reporting them to Defensa del Turista and Afip. If you get no answers, proceed to repair everything, or buy heaters, and deduct it from your rent, send a carta documento - legal letter - before you proceed, where it states what you signed for and what you got, and how you did not get response. The cannot evict you, or anything really. You have to play tough, or they will take you for a long ride.

I have to admit that a few years ago I was one of those neighbors banging on the door. VERY early in the morning either children were running up and down the metal stairs or a woman in heals. I pounded on their door 2 morning in a row, and thankfully it never happened again. Now we smile when meeting in the elevator.
Nancy

Email will not do it. Call your landlord. Tell him about the bed, the heating and the TV. Inform him that if he does not take care of it, you will take care of it and deduct it from the rent. Call the real estate agents, and inform them that if they do not take care of this, you are reporting them to Defensa del Turista and Afip. If you get no answers, proceed to repair everything, or buy heaters, and deduct it from your rent, send a carta documento - legal letter - before you proceed, where it states what you signed for and what you got, and how you did not get response. The cannot evict you, or anything really. You have to play tough, or they will take you for a long ride.
Love that savvy Nikad-San's talk! Best one advise so far, an A for your comment and if me ever needing a personal concierge, you will be that person.!

Thanks may fellow expats for the kind words and valuable advise!.

Yes lesson learnt, we regret the moment we signed that contract. It is a temporary rental we rented, but I have no idea about the different catagories of rent here, but my mention of lightbulbs were solely due to the reason that my previous landlord took care of it all, otherwise I don't mind taking care of a little 10 and 20 here and there.

About the kids really, you would have to be in my place to understand that I do all in my power to make sure everyone else is at peace too. We have lived in apartments all our lives and in different countries too, but the more I understand people here the more I realize how anti-children they are. Like there was blasting music here any hour of day and till the early hours of mornings like 4am literally and I never complained about that I respect other people's rights.

Again not saying that my kids are allowed to jump all day long, but they are kids they have a lot of energy at this particular age they are not like adults to understand that they have to watch their steps every second of the day.

My personal opinion I would be worried if I didn't hear a sound from a house with kids

Back