Rental Increases In Usd

I pay 1K USD all bills included for an excellent location, pretty large space (2 floor loft style apartment) but has its quirks. I've been told it's a good deal but - I've been wondering if I could find something cheaper - PH ideally or something with a small outside space for my dog. I figured since I don't have a DNI, etc. I'm stuck paying gringa prices - but I'm not an expert in these matters?? I feel like moving might be more trouble than it's worth - but it's good to get a feel for what others are paying. I'm wondering if San Isidro would offer some outside space/grass for the same price.....

Katiem,

the amount does not sound big at all to me. I have not seen yr house. But I don't think anyone is cheating u. But since u are paying in USD, no need to increase the USD amount in year 2.

then why not at least negotiate??? i mean your paying 1 year ahead of time...he should be giving you a discount for doing that. I would tell him that u will only do that if the rent remains the same!

I will try :) however the 1 year upfront thing was also because i dont have a garantia

Richone, being "the rich one", you don't want to be in a sordid 2500 pesos apartment. Believe me!

Jaja, I do share with others and its a very big room in a PH. Its a really good deal but I've been there almost 3 years and the landlord hasn't upped the price much.

I will try :) however the 1 year upfront thing was also because i dont have a garantia
Not just NO, but Hell NO: one year advance payment.
Also, they now have something like " completion bond insurance" to replace garantia. Protects both parties and was relatively inexpensive. Will see if I can find the piece.
Once again HELL NO

Back