Rental Increases In Usd

Katie, nice to see another aussie!! (I am from Perth). Try not to compare with what you would get back home, I know apartments are cheap(er) here but we are in a 3rd world continent.
I would have a look around on web sites such as zona prop and compare with the equivalent pesos. Reason I say you can compare, is you would already be doing your landlord a favour by paying up front at a USD equivalent.
No way in hell I would accept such a jump in the second year if you are paying a USD equivalent and I would make that clear to him as well. If he doesnt budge I would look elsewhere!!

hmmm ive been in ba for nearly 2.5 years. ive lived in belgrano, boedo, barrio norte and recoleta, and although i agree that recoleta doesnt have the charms of a 'real' barrio, its a 15 minute walk to my work which is awesome, and i like the house :)

If you are a permanent resident, you should definitely NOT pay in dollars.

That 1-year up-front deal is bad news. Don't do it. If you move in there and there are tons of problems, you're going to be in for a fight. You never know how a place is going to be until you live there. This is a really bad idea.

Secondly, the increases are absurd. The inflation here is in pesos, not dollars.

As far as the price of the rental overall, that's subjective.

irrelevant but im in the process of becoming a resident. please also note i wasnt really asking for opinions on HOW much i pay in USD (hard to comment really, without seeing the house), but rather I wanted to ask whether a yearly increase in rent is a normal thing when you pay in dollars.

seems that the answer is a no. thanks!

For sake of good order, deleted my posts in this thread after making my point.

Suerte.

Didn't know one can delete postings??? Guess you repented to disclose your rentals because of AFIP audit? :D

Is the place furnished or unfurnished? Furnished real estate contracts can't be more than 6 months by law. Unfurnished contract have to be 2 years.

Back