Renters visa vs. Tourists visa

EMR
user_online.gif

alt3_tl.gif
alt3_tr.gif
icon1.gif
response
I mean enough on the thread, I am sure people are getting tired of it and you are not looking too good. You're a tough guy, let's have a drink Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll buy and would be interested in hearing more from you personally. I know you are not one of those chicken shit losers that hides behind a keyboard so I look forward to your response as to where and when. I think it would be fun to do this in person. Don't you

OK Drew, I mean ERW, here's the first note (which I missed).

I can still say so what!

BA is dangerous (period).

I have no desire to have a drink with you.

But you can join us at the next expat lunch if you desire.

OK, I think you lectured me earlier about my spelling Mr. English Prof.

Steve wrote

"OK Drew, I mean ERW, here's the first note (which I missed).

I have no desire to met you or have a drink with you."

So, it is EMR not ERW and I also have no desire to "met" you. I think he meant meet.

Then he goes back and edits his mistake after he realizes he screwed up and looked foolish. Unreal.

sorry, I know I said it was the end but I could not help myself. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I told you I have dyslexia (I have to spell check that word, too).

Are you making fun of my disability?

OK, fine. Ill met you for a drink in Merlo.

EMR vs. Steveinbsas - It is a battle for the ages.

If I might, I do have one question still pertaining to my original: Everyone here mentions needing an FBI report. On the checklist I received from the embassy, it just says "record from the police authority". I was going to get a clearance sheet from my local police department - will that not suffice?

Actually, I did get a "letter" from the police dept of my Illinois residence for the five years prior to arriving in Argentina. It included my driver's license (standard for local ID) and passport numbers, date of birth. It was notarized and I had the Secretary of State perform the Apostille. My fingerprints were not included in the report. This, however, was three years ago, and it may not be acceptable today. Perhaps you can get an answer by sending an email (in Spanish) to migraciones. Be aware that the answer you receive in an email my not be "acceptable" when you actually submit your documents. There's no doubt that an FBI report will be accepted.

Gates said:
EMR vs. Steveinbsas - It is a battle for the ages.

If I might, I do have one question still pertaining to my original: Everyone here mentions needing an FBI report. On the checklist I received from the embassy, it just says "record from the police authority". I was going to get a clearance sheet from my local police department - will that not suffice?

Gates,

You will notice as you read all of the various postings from people who have applied for residency and other things in Argentina that everyone has a different story of what they had to do. This is part of the insanity. There are no clear cut rules. Actually, there are rules but the enforcement is a completely different issue. And, some people make up the rules as they go along which are not necessarily the correct rules. And, it is quite common in Argentina that if someone does not know the correct answer, instead of admitting that they don't know, they will just make up an answer. Also, alot depends on who you are dealing with at any given time. And, that will change drastically from year to year.

Make your life easier. Don't try to do it on your own. Everyone that I know who has done it on their own ended up (in the end) spending more money and time than if they had just hired someone reputable to do it for them. Now, finding someone reputable is another story...........but it can be done.

You guys happen to know what criminal infractions automatically disqualify you? I would assume multiple felonies would be a denial, but what about a misdimenor. Anu one have any insight on such details?

PS thanks for getting back to the thread topic! :)

FYI...migraciones now only accepts an FBI report.

I recently read in another thread tht the FBI report covers more than the past five years, but I don't know how migraciones would view any criminal activity more than five years prior to the visa application...or any type of transgression within the past five years.

I don't recall a single post from anyone who was granted a visa with any kind of transgression that appeared on their FBI report, but why should they fess up here?

Back