Renting An Apartment In Ba Is Taxable

Shoeb

Registered
if I rent an apartment in BA, is the rent taxable. if I do not receive any receipt of rent from owner, will it be difficult to prove my tax return.

taxable by who?
What is your citizenship, and where do you pay taxes?
Got a DNI?

If you are a US citizen, for example, the only way you could deduct your rent from your taxes is if it was 100% a business expense.

Dunno about EU citizens.

My accountant says AFIP def tax rental income and if you go to sell the apt they will check when you were out of the country and tax you as if you were renting out based on those dates abroad (unless your utilities went down to nill).

Rent is not taxable here...
But if "x" is willing to pay a tax return to you for it, then yes you should get a receipt or a copy of contract. Most temporal rentals here might or might not make you sign a contract, not even ask you to sign anything every time you pay monthly. (I strongly recommend none of this).
I rent a few properties myself and for all of them a contract is signed no matter the amount of time the places are being rented.
I have an Irish tenant in San Telmo and he was requested proof of rent so that his company would cover his expenses each month, but no tax return.

if you own property in argentina which you rent out part or full time, you are required to pay impuestos de ganancias which is quite a lot. if you are NOT a resident by the time you sell you will need a permiso de vender from AFIP and they will indeed go through all your passport stamps and utility bills. if it looks like you were not there but the lights etc were on, they will assume you rented it and assume the highest rental price and charge you impuestos de ganancias for every month of every year you presumably rented it, plus interest. the process can take many weeks. a friend of mine just went through this when he sold his property. it was a nightmare.

Sorry, my question is I want to rent an apartment, however owner is agreed to sign an agreement but he says , he is not gonna give me receipt of rent. As I understood Rent is not taxable for me, hence I want to know do I need those receipt to prove that i used the money to pay rent or it is not required.

Sorry, my question is I want to rent an apartment, however owner is agreed to sign an agreement but he says , he is not gonna give me receipt of rent. As I understood Rent is not taxable for me, hence I want to know do I need those receipt to prove that i used the money to pay rent or it is not required.

Who are you planning on showing the non-existent "receipt" to?

Your question makes no sense to a US citizen- so I ask, again, what country do you pay taxes to?

"Rent is not taxable" - what do you mean?

if YOU are paying the rent, who, exactly makes you pay a tax on that rent?
or are you trying to say that in whatever country you live in, your rent is deductilbe from your taxes? Which is very different from being "not taxable".
Generally, in accounting terms, INCOME is taxable.
Expenses are either deductible, or they are not, depending on country and tax status.

Regardless, most individual landlords in Argentina prefer not to give receipts, because they are not declaring all of THEIR income to the government, to avoid paying taxes on it.
Bigger buildings with single owners are rare here, unlike in other countries.
Some landlords will give you a receipt, if you ask.
Some countries will allow you to deduct a legally deductible rent payment even without a monthly receipt. Some wont.

More info would be needed to give a reasonable answer, and you have given us almost no info

if you own property in argentina which you rent out part or full time, you are required to pay impuestos de ganancias which is quite a lot. if you are NOT a resident by the time you sell you will need a permiso de vender from AFIP and they will indeed go through all your passport stamps and utility bills. if it looks like you were not there but the lights etc were on, they will assume you rented it and assume the highest rental price and charge you impuestos de ganancias for every month of every year you presumably rented it, plus interest. the process can take many weeks. a friend of mine just went through this when he sold his property. it was a nightmare.

Absolutely true, Utility bills are requested and assume the place its rented

You, as the tenant, have the right to get a receipt. It might not be official with tax deductions, etc but you do need a receipt or your landlord can say you never paid, sue you, kick you out, etc. As a tenant you have rights, he can evade all the taxes that he wants, that is not your business, if that is what he is doing but you never never never never never pay for anything and not receive proof of payment! It is suicidal doing so.

Back