Renting Without Garantias

KevinJH

Registered
My partner and I need to find an apartment by the beginning of May with the following conditions: in PESOS (3000-4000), 2 or 3 bedrooms, fairly spacious and well lit, placardes (storage),lavadero (washer hookup), near line D on Subte, and mostly does NOT require a Garantia. Although my partner is Argentine, neither of us have a Garantia and we are finding it difficult to find a place that doesn't require one. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton for any help.

I was looking for an apartment back in November with similar requirements, except I had a garantia, and prices were more around the 4500-5500 peso range. Most likely the only way they'll rent to you without a garantia is if you pay all 2 years up front or at least a year up front.

Or you might want to look into to buying a "Garantia" from what I have heard it should cost around 1 to 2 months rent.

Kevin, to put it in to perspective - me and my gf pay about 3900 per month (inc expenses), with a garantia and we live in Palermo. Although our apartment is fine for us, its not spacious (50m2) with 1 bedroom.
I cant see you finding anything within your requirements (even with a garantia) for less than 5000 pesos. What I would do, once you find something (even if it requires a garantia) is get your gf to speak with the owner / inmobiliaria (depending on who is finding the tenant, sometimes its direct) and see if they can fix something, ie paying in advance as Mike suggested, perhaps a bank garantia. I say let your gf handle it because it could work against you being a foreigner, they automatically see $ signs.

Good luck.

Or you might want to look into to buying a "Garantia" from what I have heard it should cost around 1 to 2 months rent.

Most landlords do a Garantia search at your cost, and if was used many times, will not be acceptable, you may waste your money!!

Kevin, to put it in to perspective - me and my gf pay about 3900 per month (inc expenses), with a garantia and we live in Palermo. Although our apartment is fine for us, its not spacious (50m2) with 1 bedroom.
I cant see you finding anything within your requirements (even with a garantia) for less than 5000 pesos. What I would do, once you find something (even if it requires a garantia) is get your gf to speak with the owner / inmobiliaria (depending on who is finding the tenant, sometimes its direct) and see if they can fix something, ie paying in advance as Mike suggested, perhaps a bank garantia. I say let your gf handle it because it could work against you being a foreigner, they automatically see $ signs.

Good luck.

Good luck.
Yeah .... that's what we are doing. My partner Seb is doing the talking. We saw a couple apartments (around 4000 not including expenses) we like, but the Garantia has been the thorn.

Back