Rentista Residency - Argentina Citizenship

Thanks for the reply but as per the Argentina citizenship roles one of the requirements when applying is to prove that Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Directorate of Migrations (See attached) Can you explain more about how I can stay here 2 years as a foreigner without a documents residency and still can apply for Citizenship after 2 years?
BC2 has answered this question seveal times at the least and that may "explain" the short answer he provided yesterday.

He has posted that anyone who has two years of "legal residency" granted by migranciones and has a DNI (which would be the "documrents residency" you mentioned) can apply for citizenship on their own at one of the federal courts.

According to him, if you don't have legal residency, you woud have to have a lawyer initiate your case and that can be done at the start of the two year period (as so0n as you enter the country).

Others have posted that dong it ths way is more difficult (even with a lawyer), more time consumng, and less likely to succeed than applying for citizenship with two years of legal residency and a DNI... and it costs thousands of dollars, no mater who your lawyer is.

BC2 has answered this question seveal times at the least and that may "explain" the short answer he provided yesterday.

He has posted that anyone who has two years of "legal residency" granted by migranciones and has a DNI (which would be the "documrents residency" you mentioned) can apply for citizenship on their own at one of the federal courts.

According to him, if you don't have legal residency, you woud have to have a lawyer initiate your case and that can be done at the start of the two year period (as so0n as you enter the country).

Others have posted that dong it ths way is more difficult (even with a lawyer), more time consumng, and less likely to succeed than applying for citizenship with two years of legal residency and a DNI... and it costs thousands of dollars, no mater who your lawyer is.
Thank you for the detailed answer - One question regarding the 2 years of uninterrupted residency, to be on the right track how long I have to physically be in the country, and how long I can be outside per year?

Thank you for the detailed answer - One question regarding the 2 years of uninterrupted residency, to be on the right track how long I have to physically be in the country, and how long I can be outside per year?

The "residency" requirement ifor citizenship is two years of physical presence in the country and, according to BC2, it does not have to be uninterruped.

Seven months per year (according to him) is the minimum amount of time that is required to meet the physical presence requirement,
Based on BC2's math, you could be out of the country for five months of the year.

If you decide on goimg the no "legal residency-no DNI" route for citizenship, I suggest that you plan to stay in the country without leaving for two years, even if ·your lawyer could "guarantee" that you will be allowed to reenter he countryin less than five months after an overstay.

I suggest you also consider the posibility of international travel bans in the not too distant future...for several reasons, some more horrific than others.

Thanks for the reply but as per the Argentina citizenship roles one of the requirements when applying is to prove that Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Directorate of Migrations (See attached) Can you explain more about how I can stay here 2 years as a foreigner without a documents residency and still can apply for Citizenship after 2 years?
Residence in this case means actually living in the country, evidenced by your passport stamps or similar, not necessarily holding a residence permit. If you go this way though like mentioned you will have to hire a lawyer to file your case

Residence in this case means actually living in the country, evidenced by your passport stamps or similar, not necessarily holding a residence permit. If you go this way though like mentioned you will have to hire a lawyer to file your case
Thank you, but I didn't get my passport stamped when I first arrived in Argentina, I think it's digitalized, so I don't have a stamp showing the date I arrived to Argentina, so what I can do in this case?

Thank you, but I didn't get my passport stamped when I first arrived in Argentina, I think it's digitalized, so I don't have a stamp showing the date I arrived to Argentina, so what I can do in this case?
It won't be a problem. The court will check with migraciones to see the dates of your entries and exits.

Based on BC2's math, you could be out of the country for five months of the year.

If you decide on goimg the no "legal residency-no DNI" route for citizenship, I suggest that you plan to stay in the country without leaving for two years, even if ·your lawyer could "guarantee" that you will be allowed to reenter he countryin less than five months after an overstay.
I suggest you read about ...

The pregnant Russian trafficking network

...especially BC2's comment on February 11th in post 23:

"Today DNM gave up and accepted to move to Argentina as a valid immigration reason no questions asked. The head of immigration also used the logo of the most important organization of women trafficking to assert that there will be no tolerance with this frauds (visa runs included I might say too). So, since today if you say you are moving here, that is Ok."

BC2 has indicated that this "was a was a leading precedent: No more rejections after that. If you say I already live here and I’m returning to my home in Argentina...that is Ok."

If that is the case you should be able to leave and return as you desrie during the first two years, provied that, based on his coments, that you are in Argentine at least seven months out of twelve during those two years.

Frankly, I wouldn't risk it, but migraciones not allowig me back in would not be the main reason.

Sure, you are quoting abolished decree 70/2017.

I suggest you read about ...

The pregnant Russian trafficking network

...especially BC2's comment on February 11th in post 23:

"Today DNM gave up and accepted to move to Argentina as a valid immigration reason no questions asked. The head of immigration also used the logo of the most important organization of women trafficking to assert that there will be no tolerance with this frauds (visa runs included I might say too). So, since today if you say you are moving here, that is Ok."

BC2 has indicated that this "was a was a leading precedent: No more rejections after that. If you say I already live here and I’m returning to my home in Argentina...that is Ok."

If that is the case you should be able to leave and return as you desrie during the first two years, provied that, based on his coments, that you are in Argentine at least seven months out of twelve during those two years.

Frankly, I wouldn't risk it, but migraciones not allowig me back in would not be the main reason.
Over 35 people arrived or returned without being disturbed by Immigration just saying the true since then.

Back