Rentista visa

Emmot

Registered
Hello fellow expats!

I'm an expat living out of Argentina, I was wondering about the rentista visa, my question is (is there any way to get the rentista visa from outside the country? Or do I have to get in as a tourist and then go about things?

Please elaborate on the subject. Many thanks and God bless.

You can apply for the visa rentista at any Argentine Embassy or consulate. You will have to pay a higher fee for the visa (I believe the current fee is $600 USD but I'm not 100% certain). The fee at migraciones in Argentina is $2000 pesos plus $100 pesos for the DNI.

Last edited:
You can apply for the visa rentista at any Argentine Embassy or consulate. You will have to pay a higher fee for the visa (I believe the current fee is $600 USD but I'm not 100% certain). The fee at migraciones in Argentina is $2000 pesos plus $100 pesos for the DNI.

Thank you so much Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, just one final thing, don't they need an Argentine bank account for it. Any good lawyer that you recommend?

Thank you.

Thank you so much Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, just one final thing, don't they need an Argentine bank account for it. Any good lawyer that you recommend?

Thank you.

An Argentine bank account is not required when applying for the visa rentista and neither is a lawyer.

It would be a big waste of time to try to open a bank account and a huge waste of money to hire a lawyer or pay an agency.

Last edited:
An Argentine bank account is not required when applying for the visa rentista and neither is a lawyer.

It would be a big waste of time to try to open a bank account and a huge waste of money to hire a lawyer or pay an agency.

Hola!

I have called the Argentine Embassy here and they didn't even heard of such a visa, I have also visited the embassy website and found no mention of it. I guess it is something only the migraciones does when someone is already in Argentina.

I believe I should take a tourist visa, go in the country and start from there.

Any information on the subject.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Thank you.
celano and associates

Hola!

I have called the Argentine Embassy here and they didn't even heard of such a visa, I have also visited the embassy website and found no mention of it. I guess it is something only the migraciones does when someone is already in Argentina.

I believe I should take a tourist visa, go in the country and start from there.

Any information on the subject.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Where is "here"?

If, for example, you are writing from the USA, you should find what you want on the USA version of the Argentine Consulate site:

http://cnyor.mrecic.gov.ar/en/node/2256.

If you are not in the USA, try the Argentine Consulate site where you are.

I'm in the United Arab Emirates.
And how long does the process of issuing a rentista visa take in Argentina? Because I'm thinking of taking a tourist visa to go down there (tourist visa is a maximum of 90 days).

Back