Reporting contact with an international fugitive in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gsi16386 said:
My girlfriend and I met Bill at an Expat event a couple months ago and RIGHT off the bat, he exuded shadyness. And he was actually quite honest, he told us he had taken off from his home, left his newly bought cars with his parents (car notes included), left his mortgage, didn't tell his girlfriend he was leaving, just picked up and left everything on a dime. UMMM....RED FLAGGGGG, NEON LIGHTS, JUMPING UP AND DOWN WAVING MY ARMS.....the kid is running away from something.

And posts by BAfinance began shortly after the last date of William Buckley's alleged criminal activities in Colorado (as specified in the indictment).

What a coincidence. ;)

The Bill Buckley living in buenos aires and the William Paul Buckley of current lore are the same person...there is no doubt...any jury would think so as well
Where is Bill now? He has some new friends that seem to be looking for him...I heard he just fucked over the wrong guy...now everyone find information about his partner Dan [email protected]

Yikes. This doesn't look good for this guy that was conning all of these people. I'm not sure if it's the same guy or not.

I'm curious at all the people that got conned. I assume you all were working illegally as well and not legally able to work inside Argentina as you were on tourist visas? Is that the case? Is that why you couldn't report the crime?

The best place to go rather than the police is to report these characters and their company to AFIP. I'm sure they would take a keen interest in their business dealings.

AFIP has more power when dealing with thugs than the police in Argentina. If they are hiring illegal workers, then odds are they weren't declaring this income derived either.

I read the original posts and Steveinbsas was right on target with his warnings about working for an illegal company. Also, is this company still around? It sounds like it is. I looked on LinkedIn and it looks like one of the guys mentioned (M.Z) on that Craigslist warning is still listing he works at one of those companies so it sounds like it is still around. Why not file a claim against that company if you worked for it? There are MANY lawyers in Buenos Aires that will work on contingency basis and work to get you money. Lord knows I've paid out tens of thousands of dollars in fake employee claims so real ones should probably get something!

Or at the very least, call AFIP and report this company if you were honestly wronged by them.

Working in negro is a fact of life here. The legal power lies in the hands of the worker. I think suing Milosh Zorica is probably the best option for anyone who has been scammed by CallSouth as he is an Argentine Citizen.

I am making a leap but guessing most foreigners working at a call center in negro are probably of the transient variety and just "passing through". So a lawsuit is probably not a viable option since I would betfew will still be in Arg by the time it goes to trial.

It also sounds like Bill Buckley has no actual assets here (or anywhere) so not really an option to sue anyway. The partner may but again, you would have to wait for trial, then get judgment (which can take a few years) and then wait to collect which can take.. oh forever:rolleyes:

I'd say AFIP would certainly be a good place to start and get the business(es) shut down. Filing police reports against the individual business owners would also be an option. People probably won't see their money but they certainly could make it difficult for the scum bag owners to stay in Argentina.

TheBigDaddy said:
You stole over $14 000 from my family

See you around, fkhead.
What, really? How? Thats serious money, you should definitely seek legal recourse.

I think it is a little unfair to infer that businesses that are in negro are by default somehow shady.

I've heard reports that up to 60% of the economy in Argentina is in negro. I've also heard that even AFIP pays its employees under the table.

Personally, I know many businesses here that pay people in negro. As a matter of fact, with the exception of large companies, every small business I know is either in black or 'in grey'. Most of the people running 'unregistered' businesses are doing so because it is the only way to really survive when you are small.

Now, in this situation obviously the dude here is shady. I just don't think every business 'en negro' is shady.

joemama said:
I think it is a little unfair to infer that businesses that are in negro are by default somehow shady.

I've heard reports that up to 60% of the economy in Argentina is in negro. I've also heard that even AFIP pays its employees under the table.

Personally, I know many businesses here that pay people in negro. As a matter of fact, with the exception of large companies, every small business I know is either in black or 'in grey'. Most of the people running 'unregistered' businesses are doing so because it is the only way to really survive when you are small.

Now, in this situation obviously the dude here is shady. I just don't think every business 'en negro' is shady.
Thats true; I know a public hospital doctor who is paid in negro.

WOW YOU GUYS!!! WOW. This story is so juicy. What an entertaining, albeit sad, thread to read. I was gonna say, I'm now very skeptical of some of the Craigslist ads I see, and will continue the job hunt with A LOT of caution. Thanks for sharing this, everybody... hopefully the admins will leave it here for future readers.

steveinbsas said:
I think the real moral of the story is don't work for an unregistered business in Argentina.

I received a tip in a PM that wpbbaires has a profile on this website:

http://millionairemate.com/

I used the free search on the home page by clicking on woman looking for a man age 27-28 in Distrito Federal.

Not only is he a member (standard which means he hasn't paid to join) he is on line right now!

The header reads "I'm from the US and living in BA"

It came as no surprise that his income was neither stated or verified. :cool:

PS: I avoided using the F-bomb, but there was never a better time or place to use it than right here...right now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back