Reporting contact with an international fugitive in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received another PM from my tipster.

He suggested creating a woman's profile (with a photo of a hot babe) and contacting wpbbaires through the site.

It would require paying for a one month membership, but it might be worth the investment to someone who really wants to "meet" this guy. :D

I wasn't suggesting to sue this Bill guy individually. If these people were working and employed by Call South, then that is the entity to sue. You don't have to be in Buenos Aires. The way these lawyers work is you give them the case and I think they do everything themselves. The premise behind them is it costs so much money in fighting them in legal bills, most employers just settle and pay.

Again, this other guy Milosh has this Call South listed on his LinkedIn profile. And the website of Call South is www.call-south.com I'm not sure if they are still in business or not but probably the entity to go after if you are owned money.

Also, does anyone know if this Bill character is in Argentina on a tourist visa? I would imagine he doesn't have a DNI so if anyone knows where he lives, they could easily drop the dime on where he lives and report him to the police, immigration and if it's true he is a fugitive, they probably could piece all of these things together including the things in Colorado plus ripping off people in Buenos Aires and I don't think it would end up too well for him.

That web site looks very cheesey and is quite poorly written. However, a spider web logo may be the most appropriate image for a con artist.

The website starts with "Sales certainly make the most important yet most often neglected part of any business."

Right.

In practice, companies usually know that sales matter, because that is what brings in the money. The problem with many businesses is not that they put too little stress on sales but too much. All too often product/service quality and brand equity suffer, because creating value costs money, whereas the immediate benefits of investments are not always visible.

Amazing saga! Chances are this guy went underground again. He sounds like he is a cowardly guy who will run whenever there is trouble. I would love to know if those unfortunate victims will get anything back. And seriously elclandestino? What grade are you in?

OK, now it is my turn I guess.

First of all, I would like to make it clear, that BAFinance was banned on baexpats for excessive advertising long time ago. Neither he, nor elclandestino, has ever had any privileged position on our site.

I'll try to explain you, guys, what's going on.

In general, while we disclaim any responsibility for content, submitted by users, we do encourage responsible behavior. In this case, the responsible behavior would be to file a police report, or at least to demonstrate some intention to resolve this situation in a conventional way.

Unfortunately, it looks like people who were employed by Bill are not ready to do it. Depending on what the company was doing, the fact that they did not get paid may not be their biggest problem right now.

So, instead we've got this Fabe character. He has never actually met the guy, but somehow he decided that it is his time to "help" and went on rampage. Based on emails I am getting from him I believe he is seriously disturbed.

I know this situation is kind of bizarre, but I would suggest at least to try to act as responsible grown ups.

admin said:
OK, now it is my turn I guess.

First of all, I would like to make it clear, that BAFinance was banned on baexpats for excessive advertising long time ago. Neither he, nor elclandestino, has ever had any privileged position on our site.

I'll try to explain you, guys, what's going on.

In general, while we disclaim any responsibility for content, submitted by users, we do encourage responsible behavior. In this case, the responsible behavior would be to file a police report, or at least to demonstrate some intention to resolve this situation in a conventional way.

Unfortunately, it looks like people who were employed by Bill are not ready to do it. Depending on what the company was doing, the fact that they did not get paid may not be their biggest problem right now.

So, instead we've got this Fabe character. He has never actually met the guy, but somehow he decided that it is his time to "help" and went on rampage. Based on emails I am getting from him I believe he is seriously disturbed.

I know this situation is kind of bizarre, but I would suggest at least to try to act as responsible grown ups.

To be clear, I've got no dog in this fight. Bill seemed like a nice enough guy to me when I met him, always was pretty skeptical of his business ventures though.

admin said:

And what about people who fall victim to the same job advertisements in the future? Come on, you and I both know that filing a police report in this country is a total joke. Filing a formal complaint against anyone person or entity gets you laughed at, be it at a police department, the Defensa del Consumidor, or whatever. You have people getting robbed every day; people getting shot in their homes; elderly people getting beaten to a pulp on the sidewalks. And you think the police in Buenos Aires are going to take someone who has lost a couple thousand pesos seriously? They themselves will say you're wasting your time.

The point of this message board, as I've come to know it, is to share information and help each other out. If this BAFinance character is really scamming people out their money, shouldn't this website make that information available to its users? And if we're going to encourage responsible behavior, why don't we allow BAFinance himself to respond to the issues.

bradlyhale said:
Filing a formal complaint against anyone person or entity gets you laughed at, be it at a police department, the Defensa del Consumidor, or whatever.

If they are serious, they should be able to stand a bit of humiliation.

bradlyhale said:
The point of this message board, as I've come to know it, is to share information and help each other out. If this BAFinance character is really scamming people out their money, shouldn't this website make that information available to its users? And if we're going to encourage responsible behavior, why don't we allow BAFinance himself to respond to the issues.

I agree. I'd love to hear what he has to say now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back