Residency and Permanent DNI

You can contact Gabriel Celano at 15 4400 9278.
or walk to his office at 634 Belgrano 2nd floor, If anyone can help you with this and I think he is the one with the legal info below, then your in luck as he is honest, speaks both languages and is more than well versed in the immigration business. I ought to know., he did for me what others could not.

niceguypaddy said:
I have been a contracted worker here since March 06 and in March 09 I am due to get my permanent DNI (on the third renewal) but I have just been advised that our team is being dispanded so my contract is only until Dec 08.

How can I still avail of the chance to get my permanent DNI? As an engineer without it I will not find more work. I have tried to get a contact in immigrations and also the RRHH of my firm has tried to get a work around but with no luck.

I am also with my same sex partner since Jan 05, can a civil partership law or anything kick in and help out?? I have called migraciones and to be honest the info I get is mixed to say the least and I dont know who to listen to.

I would greatly appreciate a contact or some solid info I can use to advance this resolution, thanks a million. Paddy

Thanks a million Gabirel, some very interesting points there.
A) The recibo de sueldo will be issued in January but for Dec 2008.
B) I spoke to him about this and he is not an employer, or if this is a relatively simple process maybe its still an option?
C) I think this sounds like a good plan, but in the menatime I will not be able to work, correct? What sort of timeframe would that be talking about?

I have just seen the next post, let me know if you would prefer me to call/visit you about these matters.
Thanks Again.

A) I do know the recibo de sueldo issued in January will be for Dec 2008, but since you are enabled by law to renew your residency 2 months in advance of th expiration, nobody can say anything if you go there on January 5th., and if you go there on Jan 5th they can not ask you for January recibo de sueldo because that one will be issued in Febraury, So...they can only ask you up to december 2008 which is what you have got ;)

B) I assume he is not an employer but he could "become" an employer ;) Its not simple but its not impossible.

C) You CAN work while this is in process, you will be able to work since the day of the filing and while the resoluiton of the case is "pending". Once its decided, well, if they rejected it, you have to stop working. The timeframe is 4 months.

Come to my office on monday, I will not charge you anyting for the consultation. Check your private notes!!. Kind regards, Gabriel.-

Hi Paddy, Can you contact me again? I do not have your contact details (mobile or email).

I need to inform you that PLAN A) is no longer a possibility since renewals are accepted only 1 monthin advance :( I am sorry. Also, starting next month it seems that they will start collection tourist visa fees in the border only to those citizens coming from countries that charges argentines with tourist visas.

Also, in December 2008 mayor changes will start taking effect in the residency process, we dont know exactly what will change or how. I will keep you posted.

Please email me. Thanks.

Back