Residency application

ben

Registered
I started to ask this on another thread, but wasn't clear enough, and then the conversation went off on a tangent. So here goes again - could anyone volunteer:

Once you have a solid family basis, and all requisite documents to apply for permanent residency - what comes next? Has anyone in Capital done it recently and could kindly provide details? Specifically:

- Once the appointment is scheduled (online, as I understand from their website), how long of a wait can I expect, and, more importantly: during this wait, do I have documentation of my having applied for permanent residency that would be valid in any context?

- After the appointment is concluded, how long do I have to wait till all is arranged, and can apply for a DNI? Again - at this stage, do I have any proof of my permanent status?

Thanks all!

I gained my permenat residency in 2011 through marriage.

I attened the appointment I had booked on line and all of my papers were correct and acceptable to the immigration official.

That day, after paying my various fees, ar$600 for the residency and an extra amount for DNI, I was given a document to prove that I had permenant residency. With this document I was able to work and live as a permenant resident.

I was sent my DNI at my home address about two months after.

Reactions: ben
Thanks solerboy!

So to be clear, between booking the appointment and attending it (how long did that take btw?), did you have any kind of document (or receipt) at that point?

solerboy said:
I gained my permenat residency in 2011 through marriage.

I attened the appointment I had booked on line and all of my papers were correct and acceptable to the immigration official.

That day, after paying my various fees, ar$600 for the residency and an extra amount for DNI, I was given a document to prove that I had permenant residency. With this document I was able to work and live as a permenant resident.

I was sent my DNI at my home address about two months after.

WOW, that has to be the most positive story of immigration ever told here.

My year and half precess for just my DNI, then the four year (should have been 3) process to permanent residency. Either things have really changed or marriage is the way to go....

I am impressed.

garygrunson said:
WOW, that has to be the most positive story of immigration ever told here. I am impressed.

I had previously been a temporary resident under a different category, this had no influence on my final Permenant Residency application except I had had 4 years of experience of the department of Migracciones and knew what to expect.

Also my partner is a very assertive native speaker.

As for the appointment, I made it online about a week before the interview. You just need to print out a sheet when you make the appointment online.

ben said:
Thanks solerboy!

So to be clear, between booking the appointment and attending it (how long did that take btw?), did you have any kind of document (or receipt) at that point?
If you start making an appointment, the page will show you available times, so you can see how long the wait is. You don't need to complete the trámite - you can cancel out at any time without confirming the appointment.

solerboy said:
I had previously been a temporary resident under a different category, this had no influence on my final Permenant Residency application except I had had 4 years of experience of the department of Migracciones and knew what to expect.

But you were already in the system, so it was just a change of category. I kind of thought you meant you were starting from scratch and able to process in one visit.

So if you had just arrived with a tourist visa and married, this would not have been so easy?

steveinbsas said:
Either you have never been married or never dated an Argentine woman. :p

Be afraid, be very afraid. :eek:

(as said by Geena Davis in The Fly: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/trivia)

No, never dated a woman but man...yes.

But Steve you went through the same process that I did for immigration, it was hell. Delays and stupid shit, plus the lawyers and long lines.

If he the immigration process has advanced to a one appointment process for marriage, I would have taken the chance with marriage. (not now, I am older and less nice)

I never had a bad experience at migraciones and I got rid of my lawyer at the same time I got rid of my Argentine girlfriend.

If you thought I looked more like Ted Bundy than Ted Kaczynski (or Charlie Manson) you might have wanted to marry me...

Then you could have become a permanent resident without any trouble. :p

Back