Residency or precaria with expired tourist visa

marquitos

Registered
Hello forum hope you're all doing well. Listen, I have been in Argentina since Feb2020 on the same tourist visa, how do I go about applying for residency? I got married so that's my "category" of application.

Hello forum hope you're all doing well. Listen, I have been in Argentina since Feb2020 on the same tourist visa, how do I go about applying for residency? I got married so that's my "category" of application.
Apply for permanent residence based on being married to an Argentine.

Thank you. A few quick questions. 1) Date of entry (status of tourist visa) - under normal circumstances, you needed to have the valid visa, apparently there is an exception now due to covid etc? I don't see anything about it here. Can someone provide a link to the applicable provision/order?
2) whole tramite is online, all digital, no actual paperwork? All scanned docs I mean?
3) You can get a "cita preferencial" for an additional $10.000 . Anyone have any experience with this? What is the appointment even for? Is it presencial or are they doing them online?

Thank you. A few quick questions. 1) Date of entry (status of tourist visa) - under normal circumstances, you needed to have the valid visa, apparently there is an exception now due to covid etc? I don't see anything about it here. Can someone provide a link to the applicable provision/order?
2) whole tramite is online, all digital, no actual paperwork? All scanned docs I mean?
3) You can get a "cita preferencial" for an additional $10.000 . Anyone have any experience with this? What is the appointment even for? Is it presencial or are they doing them online?
It is all on line. Forget about the cita preferencial, they do it by whatsapp.

1) As long as you entered before March 17, 2020 doesn't matter. But actually it doesn't really matter since you are married to an Argentine now. Don't worry about the "expired" visa stamp. It's irrelevant.
2) Yes tramite is online via RADEX. It costs 6.000 pesos. You MUST have antecedentes (police report) from your home country with an apostilla and translated and legalized. And of course you marriage certificate. After you submit all the docs within usually 48hs you will be assigned a "cita" to bring the original docs and to be photographed/fingerprinted. They will also email you a precaria lasting till the day of the cita at that time. The cita date will be about 1 month later. So if you apply today expect a cita for about mid-May. Currently due to Covid they do not do "cita preferencial". After the cita you are given a new precaria for 90 days. But the residency is usually granted in about a week after the cita if all the documents are in order.

Last edited:
Great thank you so much. So they are no longer doing these pendejadas of visiting your domicile to see if you really cohabit etc?

1) As long as you entered before March 17, 2020 doesn't matter. But actually it doesn't really matter since you are married to an Argentine now. Don't worry about the "expired" visa stamp. It's irrelevant.
2) Yes tramite is online via RADEX. It costs 6.000 pesos. You MUST have antecedentes (police report) from your home country with an apostilla and translated and legalized. And of course you marriage certificate. After you submit all the docs within usually 48hs you will be assigned a "cita" to bring the original docs and to be photographed/fingerprinted. They will also email you a precaria lasting till the day of the cita at that time. The cita date will be about 1 month later. So if you apply today expect a cita for about mid-May. Currently due to Covid they do not do "cita preferencial". After the cita you are given a new precaria for 90 days. But the residency is usually granted in about a week after the cita if all the documents are in order.

If I may ask, upon conclusion of the proceedings, you are given a residence that you need to present in order to apply for the DNI? Or you are granted directly a DNI?
According to my knowledge, the temporary residence should be renewed every year for three years, is that right? If so, which types of temporary residence must be renewed every year? I am asking because on the official website, it's stated that with the student visa, you are given two years temporary residence.

Thank you so much in advance!

I heard that a guy who entered illegally to the country couldn't get permanent residency despite he got married to an Argentine woman. I think the person need to have an entrance stump on his passport.

Back