Respect

Ejcot, here you have better pictures:
http://www.diarioregistrado.com/politica/las-mejores-fotografias-panoramicas-de-la-impresionante-convocatoria-de-apoyo-a-cristina_a570e9b629fea936d68b8b9a1

Why is "SHE" back on TV screaming at people again. I thought we could finally see the end of her propaganda - all the TV channels showing her.. Make it stop please

And that bit about THEY CAN ENPRISON ME BUT YOU WILL NEVER SHUT ME UP- o_0 ...lawdy lawdy someone please muzzle that hound! It's the one thing that she really must do... shut the hell up!
An hour of making herself into the holy image of a martyr at the hands of the heathen. One would have to be mindless, or masochistic to sit through that torture. Also never occurred to her followers to ask "just between us - what really happened to the money? Do any of those accusations have any merit".
Would it matter to any of her following if unquestionable proof damns her, removing any iota of credibility ? It doesn't seem to matter just so long as they get their stipend and a chori. I'm wondering now if those sausages are laced with some mind altering drugs. This day has been surreal.

Gpop, that judge can be anything but impartial.

When you have to deal with the abuse of power of a judge, you cannot remain silent, you have to make a scandal.

I know that by personal experience.

I got 17 fake criminal cases for coertion from a judge who asked me for brives, because I refused.

I asked 5 removal cases at Consejo de la Magistratura for bribery. She was accused on 2.

I asked for dismissal in 20 cases for brivery. The SC read them. The chamber read them. Everybody knows about it.

I was found non guilty and the judge now behaves.

K supporters take burying ones head in the sand to a new level. I understand supporting a political model or ideal, but to the extent to not just deny any notion of wrong doing, but to passionately defend against the notion. Passion is the wrong word, aggressive, misinformed, and dishonest would be more apt. Are these brainwashed masses, or simply those who would prefer the rewards (I mean 500 pesos to attend? Hardly life changing is it) over the reality?

I can not imagine ever blindly following any politician. It truly baffles me how K supporters refuse to even consider that some wrong doing occured, or to even offer some kind of criticism to her policies while president. No leader is infallable, so even if you agree with a lot of what a president does, surely there are some things to disagree with?

It frustrates me enough to make the sort of sweeping generalizations that I usually avoid. Such as, Argentinan people must be stupid en masse, or that the people and not the politicians are the reason why this country is a failure.

Everybody knows the old adage: When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When neither is on your side, pound the table.

The denizens of K-land can hardly be faulted for pounding the crowds, they are good at that so why not? (The flip side is apparent though - if a president that popular (or her anointee, to be precise) managed to lose an election, and to boot to such a loser and loner, maybe that's saying something.)

IRL though, everybody understands the difference between the Diario Registrado crowd (btw bajo never got a response from you regarding that outright forgery and gross misrepresentation of the NYT) and the one that cares for policy and that at the very least understands that everything, from computer design to macroeconomics, is a trade-off.

Democracy is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it means that you don't have an elite superminority ruling a disenfrachised superminority - see monarchy and feudalism. On the other hand, it means that people need not be informed to have a say over issues. This is particularly a problem in a country without a robust civic tradition, where a large part of the electorate is vulnerable - yes, the right word is vulnerable - to populists who take advantage of their ignorance and recruit them to their cause.

There is a big difference between railing against a nobility/monarchy that governs for no good reason, and recognizing that populist movements tend to succeed with people who are ignorant of the issues and get preyed on. For years the K movement has framed themselves as on the side of democracy vs. corporations, where it is becoming increasingly clear that they have no problem at all with business, so long as it's business that aids and abbetts their thievery.

The long term solution is to educate a new generation of Argentines about the tradeoffs of economics, about the dangers of demagoguery, about grownup life. About government answerable to the people as represented by impartial institutions, not to thuggish movements with massive manpower deliberately misconstrued as 'the people' at large. Yes, while more responsible people are working or doing whatever their life involves.

K people are dead-set against any impartial institutions or rules, because then they lose. The only way to be on top of things is to bend the rules, and apply even these bent rules inconsistently. Witness bajo: until Macri took office, all along it was about the 200 criminal investigations involving him. When his bluff was called on that, it was that he was procesado in a couple of them. Remember that he wasn't even going to be able to take office?

When Macri's name emerges in the Panama Papers - which is bad optics but: 1. absent any evidence of wrongdoing is simply guilt by association, and 2. which Macri has explained, on the record, in a way that leaves no wiggle-room and which would be fairly easy to prove if said explanation was indeed false - we go batshit crazy with scandalous adjectives and outright forgeries.

And after all that - when it's the other side, with rather extensive indications of wrongdoing, it's all about the abuse of the justice system.

And all without an ounce of shame. Pound the table, indeed.

Back