Restaurant Prices

That seems pretty cheap.

That was the price we paid. Lunch on Sunday for 4 was 300 (menu option 75 p/ head, drink, meal, dessert). Note for dinner we shared starters and desserts, without that I imagine it would have been around 600. Cant remember the name, it was a parilla, one of the chain restaurants, they have a place in puerto madero also...nothing spectacular.

Dinner last night in Baires: sushi for two with a carafe of sake and a bottle of agua con gas (with leftovers for lunch today): Ar$308

The fish was fresh but the selection of course limited and the service a bit slow, but works out to about US$50 with tip at the blue rate.

Tenedor Libre on Junin St., Recoleta, $100 per person with a sparkling included. Cheaper anywhere?

" Tips" in Thames 1514. the food is good, you can have two drinks (coca, water, wine) starter, main and dessert (or tea/coffee). the menu has no prices in it, they used to give you and envelope so you paid as much as you wanted...i think now the minimum is AR$60. its a good deal

Punta is outrageously expensive - not really comparable to BA. It's a vacation premium. I would be curious what Montevideo prices are in comparison to Buenos Aires restaurants. (Compared in Urugyan to Argentine pesos, don't much care about dollars). I have heard Uruguay is more expensive than Argentina but I haven't spent enough time to compare the 2 realistically.

Punta is outrageously expensive - not really comparable to BA. It's a vacation premium. I would be curious what Montevideo prices are in comparison to Buenos Aires restaurants. (Compared in Urugyan to Argentine pesos, don't much care about dollars). I have heard Uruguay is more expensive than Argentina but I haven't spent enough time to compare the 2 realistically.
I've been going to and from montevideo for a while now since my GF is doing some work over there.

800 UYU per person for a nice casual dinner, nothing too fancy.

Went out for a nice meal after a great jazz show in Ciudad Vieja, spent 6500 UYU for 2 people and a nice but not too expensive wine..

Grocery stores on the other hand seem to have nearly every 1st world convenience and generally low prices, good place to stock up on chipotles, teas, old world wines etc.

Thank you! So if my calculations are correct, 1600 Urugyan pesos for dinner for 2 at midrange restaurant. Does that include wine/app or ??? (just curious). But if 1600 = 390 ARS, that would be more expensive than here on average for a mid range restaurant.

Interesting. Are wages higher in Montevideo?

Thank you! So if my calculations are correct, 1600 Urugyan pesos for dinner for 2 at midrange restaurant. Does that include wine/app or ??? (just curious). But if 1600 = 390 ARS, that would be more expensive than here on average for a mid range restaurant.

If you pay the 1600 peso dinner in Montevideo with Arg pesos it would cost $533 (1600/3) If you pay in US Dollars it would be US$80 aprox. or more than $480 pesos. If you pay with an Arg CC the exchange rate is $5.40, with the 15 % tax perhaps you used this rate aprox.​

Appetizers, water, no wine. No idea if waged are higher but as I mentioned in my post groceries seemed noticeably cheaper while going out markedly more expensive. Maybe going out is just more of a luxury? Another thing to factor is how you're paying, there is a VAT refund if you pay with a foreign card

Back