Restaurant Review Apps

Looks like I'll have to use good old conversation for my restaurant recommendations! Hurlingham has only 2 decent restaurants. Went to Ciudad Jardín in Palomar and enjoyed a small pizzeria which we found by simply driving around. The huge pizza oven inside is normally a good sign. Why don't they come around with the large pepper grinders like you'd find in Italy?

Looks like I'll have to use good old conversation for my restaurant recommendations! Hurlingham has only 2 decent restaurants. Went to Ciudad Jardín in Palomar and enjoyed a small pizzeria which we found by simply driving around. The huge pizza oven inside is normally a good sign. Why don't they come around with the large pepper grinders like you'd find in Italy?

Because the (very) few kinds of pizza who might require ground pepper are not made here in Argentina.
If you have been here a while, you should have noticed that every Argentinian pizzeria offers always (ALWAYS!) no more than 8 pizza styles, them being:
  • Muzzarella (margherita)
  • Palmito (cuori di palma)
  • morron (peperoni)
  • Roquefort (gorgonzola)
  • Various combination of the 4 mentioned before, with or without ham

It's true about the limited range. Yet to see pepperami or anything remotely spicy.

It's true about the limited range. Yet to see pepperami or anything remotely spicy.

You should try some of the best pizzerias in BsAs. They usually have a wider range of pizzas (Siamo nel Forno, Palermo) or at least you can ask them to bring "olio piccante" (EVO with hot peppers) (Partenope, La Lucila).
I am not expert on this, I have been craving a good pizza for a while, but Siamo nel forno (which was highly recommended on this forum) is open at night only, and it is very far from where I live.

There are more options of restaurants in Parque Leloir and Pilar.

Back