Restaurant with a view

username

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone know a restaurant with a good view e.g. in a skyscraper?

Cheers!

Hmm,not a restaurant exactly but a juice bar that serves beer on the 23 rd floor of the Panamericano Hotel on Carlos Pellegrini. Not sure what else they serve . If it is a romantic date you might not want to be restricted to juice and beer but if you are showing the city to out of towners you could take them there for a pre food drink.Views of the Obelisk ,Teatro Colon etc
But not only the bar is high, prices too.

A222 en the Comega building (Corrientes 222) is on the 19th floor and has a great view over Puerto Madero, the reserva, the river and Uruguay on a clear day.

I think that the Sheraton Hoten in Retiro has a resto at the top with a very nice view. I was there years ago.

A222 we had dinner for $120 pesos, 3 course, wine included. Food is good.

mmm, i wouldn't call it a great view exactly, but Paladar in Villa Crespo has a nice window overlooking Camargo and even finds its way over the facing buildings. More importantly, Ivana and Pablo's "restaurant at home" offers the best dining experience in BA.
P.S. Don't tell anyone...

I took the Novia to Akira last night. It is actually the restaurant on the floor above A222 (yea! Beat THAT!).

It is an intimate Sushi restaurant. The wind tends to whistle a bit (for those with vertigo this may put you off, a reminder of just how high you are) with excellent views to the puente Mujer and into the derelict Ministry of Communications (one can let the mind wander into some Junta-esque/1984 goings on in there). We were there at night, of course. The views were still great.

We walked in at 11.15pm sans reservation and shown to our very own corner, shrouded by blinds so our only view was of the bar, the vista and ourselves. Service was friendly but this can easily change in Arge; we didnt test it. The sushi was very yummy, but a little dry for there was just Soy sauce which can destroy the flavour after several peices but there was ample lashjings of reasonably priced Luigi Bosca to help it down.

Yes it is pricey (not so much with a 30% guia Oleo discount, Sign up, People!), the food isnt amazing, but we had a lovely time especially as it wasnt a planned meal out.

So, yes, try it out. As a restaurant with a view I recommend it, Akira.

Back