Restaurants in Palermo

I live in NJ today. Not in Newark though. But Newark is clearly getting nicer and likely will only improve over time. People want to live in or near NYC and need places close to public transportation. That’s how Hoboken gentrified. Used to live in Brooklyn and the same process happened there.

I’m not originally from Jersey so was a bit wary when we moved here years ago. Today I think it’s one of the best places in the US. Very nice 4 seasons, very nice outdoors close by, and the city next to you. Depending on where you live schools are great and even dining has improved (something true of much of the US)
I usually live in a cabin on a small lake on top of what passes for a ski mountain in an alpine microclimate on the north tip of NJ.

New Jersey is a classic place for reductionist attitudes some of which are right. I’m hating the sectarianism in the US and loving BsAs as a less divisive (!!?!) place and warmer in many ways

I usually live in a cabin on a small lake on top of what passes for a ski mountain in an alpine microclimate on the north tip of NJ.

New Jersey is a classic place for reductionist attitudes some of which are right. I’m hating the sectarianism in the US and loving BsAs as a less divisive (!!?!) place and warmer in many ways
What's a reductionist attitude mean?

I tried the Nampe Cabernet. Surprisingly good for such a low price US$1.62 a bottle (1900 pesos, 1200 pesos/dollar, at the moment), but I've had Los Haroldos wine before and liked it very much. I prefer Escorihuela Cabernet (locally available for US$3.42), but I picked up a couple more bottles of the Nampe this afternoon).

With all the prices going up so much these days, good wine is still a bargain.
All of the reasonably priced Gascon Escorihuelas at Zetta Bebidas are around 7000 pesos a bottle, where are you getting it for half-price?

Highly recommended Tomero Malbec @ $3500 .
Thank you, friends, keep them coming.

I took upon myself to provide wine lately, because of obvious reasons, and advices from friends and family are tapered down to more affordable stuff, that I know isn't their preferred selection. So I'm usually just going by the price, due to my lack of knowledge of the Argentinian wines. Not the best way, I know, since it can be hit or miss, so I'm very grateful for any suggestion from the wiser wine lovers here.

Till now I was quite successful, but often the wine I bought last time, isn't available next time, so I'm in the dark again.

What's a reductionist attitude mean?
Sorry for the tangent from the opening post, I meant that New Jersey is easy to oversimplify and often people extrapolate that the place is all like a few examples - perhaps the suburbs, the shore, some rough cities

Sorry for the tangent from the opening post, I meant that New Jersey is easy to oversimplify and often people extrapolate that the place is all like a few examples - perhaps the suburbs, the shore, some rough cities
I have experienced Princeton NJ, university city, great family environment.

I have experienced Princeton NJ, university city, great family environment.
Princeton of the most beautiful towns in the US. Unfortunately expensive. Spring Lake is another lovely place -- also very expensive.

It was mentioned a couple of months ago a restaurant in Palermo that charged 50% less if ordered early....like 6:30. Can anyone remind me of the name of the place?

Back