Restaurants in Palermo

perry

Registered
Restaurants in Palermo once were very reasonable value and for 10 us dollars yiou could eat well . Now the average is 25 dollars and there are some places like el preferido de palermo that has more than doubled its price in a few months . Last night I went past there and was flabergasted by its prices . More expensive than Aistralia for similar meal . A milenesa napolitana was 37000 pesos for one . Add in the papas fritas a glass of wine and tip for waiter around 60 ud dollars . Inflation is out of control now and will kill the tourism industry . Right now tourism is down 20 % since last year as many people are now postponing their trip to Argentina .

Restaurants in Palermo once were very reasonable value and for 10 us dollars yiou could eat well . Now the average is 25 dollars and there are some places like el preferido de palermo that has more than doubled its price in a few months . Last night I went past there and was flabergasted by its prices . More expensive than Aistralia for similar meal . A milenesa napolitana was 37000 pesos for one . Add in the papas fritas a glass of wine and tip for waiter around 60 ud dollars . Inflation is out of control now and will kill the tourism industry . Right now tourism is down 20 % since last year as many people are now postponing their trip to Argentina .
Easiest way to deal with what appear to be out of control prices in many restaurants is don't eat there.

Expat party is over, sorry that populist policies are no longer subsiding our buying power at the expense of the poor.

There is also an element of profiteering from the good honest Argentine business owners, eventually the market will find a balance.

That's one of the most expensive places in Palermo with a huge line every day, and the Milanesa you mention is for 2 people unless you are extra american sized.

I was in Don julio recently, paid $65 in total for 2 including dessert and appetizer.

I don't know where in Australia you can pay $30 per person at a top restaurant that always has a line or 1 month+ reservation...

You can sit down at a family restaurant and eat for less than 5000, which is like $4 now, hard to achieve in most capital cities even in LATAM.

People comparing prices here to the first/western world are blowing it out of proportion.

Last edited:
Argentina canno
That's one of the most expensive places in Palermo with a huge line every day, and the Milanesa you mention is for 2 people unless you are extra american sized.

I was in Don julio recently, paid $65 in total for 2 including dessert and appetizer.

I don't know where in Australia you can pay $30 per person at a top restaurant that always has a line or 1 month+ reservation...

You can sit down at a family restaurant and eat for less than 5000, which is like $4 now, hard to achieve in most capital cities even in LATAM.

People comparing prices here to the first/western world are blowing it out of proportion.
Number one Im australiam and there are a ton of places that you can eat well for Us 20 . El preferido de palermo is a upmarket bodegon not a exclusive restaurant . The milenesa napolitaba for one is now 37000 prsos without guarnicon . Two years ago is was 8 dollars maximum in the same place .

Expat party is over, sorry that populist policies are no longer subsiding our buying power at the expense of the poor.

There is also an element of profiteering from the good honest Argentine business owners, eventually the market will find a balance.
The party is never over.

Attachments

• 96AC852C-2CEB-43EC-958A-ABF04D3B1419.jpeg
    96AC852C-2CEB-43EC-958A-ABF04D3B1419.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
Argentina canno

Number one Im australiam and there are a ton of places that you can eat well for Us 20 . El preferido de palermo is a upmarket bodegon not a exclusive restaurant . The milenesa napolitaba for one is now 37000 prsos without guarnicon . Two years ago is was 8 dollars maximum in the same place .

Preferido de Palermo has a michelin green star and always has a line of foreigners, it's the definition of a tourist trap.

Again, the equivalent anywhere is not going to be $20. Not even Mexico City.

Sit down at any other restaurant in palermo for sub 10 mil dishes. Or sit down anywhere outisde of palermo for a $3 milanesa.

Last edited:
Argentina canno

I am not Australian (or any other spelling variation thereof) but even I know that there are restaurants in Melbourne with eye-wateringly high prices and I don't consider here that you are comparing like with like.

Once again you seem to be playing the harbinger, the portent, the emissary of Moros - is that your other heritage at work?

Back