Restrictions on PayPal

I wondered when this would happen. It was just a question of time.

Hmm....seems to not be true. I was just able to transfer $575, although I got the error quoted in the article the first time, when i split the transfers into 2 (under $500), it worked fine.

Was very worried for a short amount of time though, since this is the only way I have left to get money to my account in the US to pay my student debt...If it gets completely blocked, I am basically screwed, and will have to abandon my wife (Argentine, in university) and find a job in the US.

Now to wait and see if I get charged the 15% retention...

GuilleGee - you can always try to find an Expat in the States who has a bank account there, who you can pay locally and have that person transfer the money in the States.

I know it may be a bit difficult to trust someone for that at times, but it's an option to help avoid such a cataclysmic result that you mention.

I wouldn't count on the Paypal option always being available here in the long term...

GuilleGee said:
Hmm....seems to not be true. I was just able to transfer $575, although I got the error quoted in the article the first time, when i split the transfers into 2 (under $500), it worked fine.

Was very worried for a short amount of time though, since this is the only way I have left to get money to my account in the US to pay my student debt...If it gets completely blocked, I am basically screwed, and will have to abandon my wife (Argentine, in university) and find a job in the US.

Now to wait and see if I get charged the 15% retention...

I suspect you are using your AR credit card and AR paypal to send money to your US paypal and then withdraw to your US bank account.

Be careful on this approach. I think this is prohibited by Paypal user policy. They may suspend your account.

Back