Returning after overstaying visa

It's a coin toss. I have done Colonia runs and had no issue. As a matter of fact it was the UY border officer that noted the AR stamps and made a comment but her AR colleague didn't care. At the same time, when I flew in from Brasil after an "extended visa run" for a week in Rio the lady at EZE started counting the days and gave me only 25 days. BUT back to the question of the OP -> no problem overstaying once, do not worry about being admitted.
She explained you about luck.
A legal strategy is: come back to Uruguay and cross to Argentina by bus. If you have any issue you are “deported” to Uruguay and a lawyer can enforce your entry.
Why by bus?, because the bridge is under the jurisdiction of Chamber of Appeals with the best precedents about habeas corpus.

Help please. I entered Argentina around the first week of March 2020. Then I stayed mostly due to Covid. I kept reading here about a disposition and auto extension of tourists visas every 30 days. So if I were to leave in May of 2022, does it still count as more than 2 years of overstay or is there a different math involved because of the auto extensions. I am trying to decide if I should leave in January or May.

Help please. I entered Argentina around the first week of March 2020. Then I stayed mostly due to Covid. I kept reading here about a disposition and auto extension of tourists visas every 30 days. So if I were to leave in May of 2022, does it still count as more than 2 years of overstay or is there a different math involved because of the auto extensions. I am trying to decide if I should leave in January or May.

If you entered say March 1, 2o2o and they gave you 90 days then you would have at least till 1 June 2022 to reach 2 years. So if you leave in May it should be less than 2 years.

The freeze of administrative time finished on June 2021. By May 2022 you are going to have about 11 months of overstay minus the time they gave you in the entry stamp.

OVERSTAY FINES

Does anyone know the current amount of fines for overstay in Argentina?

(Overstay of the standard 90-days tourist stay permit)

I could only find the following information on the internet, which no doubt is hopelessly out of date:

“The penalty for overstaying a tourist visa for non ‘mercosur’ citizens is currently AR$4500 pesos (approximately US$102) for under two years of overstay, paid on the way out.

Those who overstay more than two years get the fine doubled to AR$9000.”

OVERSTAY FINES

Does anyone know the current amount of fines for overstay in Argentina?

(Overstay of the standard 90-days tourist stay permit)

I could only find the following information on the internet, which no doubt is hopelessly out of date:

“The penalty for overstaying a tourist visa for non ‘mercosur’ citizens is currently AR$4500 pesos (approximately US$102) for under two years of overstay, paid on the way out.

Those who overstay more than two years get the fine doubled to AR$9000.”

as far as i know the amounts are still the same 4.500, 9.000 etc.

as far as i know the amounts are still the same 4.500, 9.000 etc.
1638920602764.png
(Mercosur / extra Mercosur)
1638920622766.png

If you entered say March 1, 2o2o and they gave you 90 days then you would have at least till 1 June 2022 to reach 2 years. So if you leave in May it should be less than 2 years.
We are still under Covid rules...why would any of the previous rules apply at this time? I was under the impression that our Tourist Visas have been extended since March 20th, 2020 without penalty.

We are still under Covid rules...why would any of the previous rules apply at this time? I was under the impression that our Tourist Visas have been extended since March 20th, 2020 without penalty.
"Covid rules" or the freeze of administrative time expired on June 2021.

Back