Returning after overstaying visa

The discussion here is between doing border and overstaying. Why aren’t we talking about asking for an extension of the tourist visa? Is that not an option anymore?

The discussion here is between doing border and overstaying. Why aren’t we talking about asking for an extension of the tourist visa? Is that not an option anymore?
As far as I know, a 90 day prorroga de permanenica (extension of stay) of the tourist visa is still an option which can be granted once at the office of migraciones.

In case anyone wants additional information they can ask about it in this thread...

or (if the link works) they can read some of my previous posts on the subject:

Doing border nowadays is insane.

We are still under Covid rules...why would any of the previous rules apply at this time? I was under the impression that our Tourist Visas have been extended since March 20th, 2020 without penalty.
Not anymore, if you didn't leave before June 2021 you have now overstayed.

Thank you for drawing my attention to Decree 285/2021, which on 29.4.2021 reset the charge for a habilitacion de salida at 12,500 pesos (for non-Mercosur citizens)

Is there any additional charge or fine in addition to the “habilitacion de salida”, depending on the length of overstay?

Thank you for drawing my attention to Decree 285/2021, which on 29.4.2021 reset the charge for a habilitacion de salida at 12,500 pesos (for non-Mercosur citizens)

Is there any additional charge or fine in addition to the “habilitacion de salida”, depending on the length of overstay?

Does the decree specify more than one charge for the habilitacion de salida?

If so, is the charge of $12.000 ARS for an overstay of more or of less than two years?

Someone recently wrote they paid $9.000 prior to departure and I think it was for an overstay of less than two years...

Just asking so no one goes to the airport with too many or too few ARS...

Does the decree specify more than one charge for the habilitacion de salida?

If so, is the charge of $12.000 ARS for an overstay of more or of less than two years?

Someone recently wrote they paid $9.000 prior to departure and I think it was for an overstay of less than two years...

Just asking so no one goes to the airport with too many or too few ARS...
Decreto 285/2021 only differentiates between Mercosur and non-Mercosur nationals.

The habilitacion de salida is 6,500 pesos for Mercosur nationals and 12,500 pesos for non-Mercosur nationals.

Nowhere does the decree mention any difference between overstaying for less or more than 2 years.

Habilitacion de salida. Mercosur: 6,500 pesos, non-Mercosur 12,500 pesos

Attachments

• decreto.jpg
    decreto.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5
As far as I know, a 90 day prorroga de permanenica (extension of stay) of the tourist visa is still an option which can be granted once at the office of migraciones.

In case anyone wants additional information they can ask about it in this thread...

or (if the link works) they can read some of my previous posts on the subject:

I went to migraciones 2 months ago and asked for a tourist visa extension. They were not doing them temporarily because few tourists are actually entering right now. I don't know if this is still the case.

Back