Returning after overstaying visa

I suppose that when you approached Migraciones in October for an extension, your 90 days stay permit had already expired a while ago.

Since Migraciones did not want to issue an extension, what did they ask you to do? Did they suggest you could just stay on without one? Did they mention a habilitacion de salida?

I suppose that when you approached Migraciones in October for an extension, your 90 days stay permit had already expired a while ago.

Since Migraciones did not want to issue an extension, what did they ask you to do? Did they suggest you could just stay on without one? Did they mention a habilitacion de salida?

Playing by the rules = staying only six months (with extension) at a time or overstaying under two years?

Sounds like the visa run isn’t a good idea compared to in the past
In Argentina you can choose between immigration and citizenship law.

Does overstaying have an effect on an application for work visa/temporary residence?

How long did you overstay for? Did you leave the country before becoming a temporary resident?
Like 2-3 months. I paid the fine, and left, yes. Then came back 6 months later. No problem. Was a permaturista for 1 more year and when they started being difficult at the border I decided to regularize my status and got residency. Getting a residency here is relatively easy so I would advise anyone who wants to be here for more than 2 years to just do that...it's worth the trouble....

Nah at the door they told me that. They never even looked at my passport, just said they're not doing the extensions. Habilitación de salida was available at migraciones though you can also do it at the airports

Back