Review Of Dinner At Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca ( Hyatt)

I totally agree with Ceviche, he's entitled to do what he likes with his money. He wasn't complaining about the 8 pesos, from what I understand he simply found it amusing and cheeky and I would too if it happened to me!

Thanks dude.

And nobody paid attention to the fact that the taxi driver ultimately did walk away with the the 8 pesos ( 19%) of the cab fare. I found it uncanny because, usually taxi drivers rarely crib about such a small amount of change to give back. And that when I had given him a 100, he "thanked me for the 58 pesos tip on the 42 peso fare".

Thanks dude.

And nobody paid attention to the fact that the taxi driver ultimately did walk away with the the 8 pesos ( 19%) of the cab fare. I found it uncanny because, usually taxi drivers rarely crib about such a small amount of change to give back. And that when I had given him a 100, he "thanked me for the 58 pesos tip on the 42 peso fare".

People are entitled to tip as they choose. I don't think that one should be forced to tip any amount just because, where would it stop? If you run a small cash exchange business and you have no change then you should inform the customer as they enter, not after they have used the service and go to pay. If that was the case then every small establishment that ever asked if I had anything smaller is just going to round up to whatever change they have and that's what we have to pay?

I agree fully with ceviche, I don't think that anyone should be entitled to tip and no one should tell people what right or wrong to do with their money because I'm the same way in a taxi but usually I end up donating that money instead on the subte I take to the blind, or the grandmother who begs and pushes her physically and mentally handicapped grandson through the subte all day to support him. Now I'm not trying to brag or say I'm a saint or say anyone has to give to them either but to me it makes more sense and on top of that is why we can't judge his decision too because you don't know where the money is going...

DC expat student,

You are one of my favorite posters on this forum!

There is more than one restaurant at the Duhau Palace. The Hyatt is no doubt an extraordinary place. My favourite hotel in town. Did you have dinner at Gioia or Piano Nobile (on the terrace)? You also have the Oak bar. It would be good to clarify where you ate for those reading your post.

J

There is more than one restaurant at the Duhau Palace. The Hyatt is no doubt an extraordinary place. My favourite hotel in town. Did you have dinner at Gioia or Piano Nobile (on the terrace)? You also have the Oak bar. It would be good to clarify where you ate for those reading your post.

J

I had dinner in open air, on the terrace. It was quite beautiful and a extraordinary experience.

That's the Piano Nobile. The restaurant by the garden is the Gioia. The Oak Bar is next to the Piano. For those you can't afford dinner at the Hyatt, they have better prices if you go there for lunch but the palace is particularly glamorous in the evening with all the lighting.

Back