Ribs...It's what for dinner!

Nice! Looks delicious!

Do you happen to know what the cut is called here? The ribs I've seen are cut through the bones in strips instead of a rack like in the US.

Decided to cook them at home after Kansas served us substandard ribs!

This sounds familiar. "Decided to cook them at home after ____________ served us substandard _________" pretty much sums up about 95% of my Buenos Aires dining experiences ;)

These are readily available in Chino. I think of them as the perfect dish to make in a typical-- read bad-- Argentine oven. They are meant to be cooked slowly at low temperature. Perfect for the oven that hardly bakes and doesn't broil!

jb5 said:
These are readily available in Chino. I think of them as the perfect dish to make in a typical-- read bad-- Argentine oven. They are meant to be cooked slowly at low temperature. Perfect for the oven that hardly bakes and doesn't broil!

Now that someone else has mentioned their discontent with Argentine ovens, I think I'll chime in. What the *&%#k is up with not being able to regulate the temperature? You only have a choice of high and low pretty much but the flame never goes out so you have to be constantly watching so the food doesn't burn. Who's grand idea was this?

I recognize those plates!

And wow.. those look amazing! Your BF is quite the cook :)

They do look really yummy!

As for the oven, one word OvenThermometer....

Lee said:
Here are some amazing Pork ribs that were expertly cook by my boyfriend tonight...they were really good. Decided to cook them at home after Kansas served us substandard ribs! :eek:

ribs.jpg
Lee are you saying that Kansas has gone down hill? They used to be consistently good on the rib side of things.

Yes Lee, if you are going to keep posting these photos of the amazing dinners being prepared, it's only fair you invite us all over for the next one:p:D

Back