Riverplate riots

Argentine hooliangs are at least wise enough to beat up anybody who pulls out a camera to film/fotograph them while rioting. I guess canadian police already got more than a few of those on the vancouver fotos.
Anyway, the barras form a part of argentine football for many years already and I think that as long as the villas keep growing, this won't change. Apart from that, labour union leaders, politicians, etc. actually need them to do their dirty work. If you work in the HQ of a "sindicato" you actually have to expect that once in a while a group of barrabravas comes to your office to intimidate your boss and create some disorder. At least in some of them.

Amargo said:
This is not right. The system had been used before and was reintroduced in 1983.

You're right there. I stand corrected.

Too long for me to read in detail. I am just wondering whether it mentions the ties that many barrabravas have with labour unions and politicians? IMHO the most interesting part about all their shady activities, which frequently remains unmentioned in international coverage.

It's something you won't understand in detail, but every time there is a riot somewhere in Argentina there is about a 99,99% chance there are barrabravas involved

Back