Roku, Chromecast with Google TV, Amazon Fire Stick in Argentina

Sequoia1321

Registered
Which one of these work in Argentina, preferrably without having to connect it through a VPN? Also, which do you recommend?

Which one of these work in Argentina, preferrably without having to connect it through a VPN? Also, which do you recommend?
I use all of them for work and FireTV is personally my favorite. They all work with and without VPNs and even though my FireTV stick is from the US I'm able to use it to watch with my Argentine Netflix and HBO accounts without issue.

I use all of them for work and FireTV is personally my favorite. They all work with and without VPNs and even though my FireTV stick is from the US I'm able to use it to watch with my Argentine Netflix and HBO accounts without issue.

Interesting, because Argentina is not listed here for Fire Stick: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360. Can you watch Aljazeera on there? What about CBSN? Or are they geoblocked in Argentina? I’ve been using Roku for a long time and like it, but they have some issues now with Youtube contract, not sure if Youtube will be available there soon.

Actually, looks like according to their Q&A of Fire TV Stick 4K Max, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQZXN1X?ref=ods_ucc_smp_ms_rc_nd_ucc&th=1, it says:

“Q: Will it work in Argentina?
A: The fire tv series will not work in Argentina yet. Even the International version can not be used. Brazil is as close to you where the Alexa is supported. If you are wanting to know the countries this will work...here you go:
Amazon Fire TV devices work in the following supported countries:
United States
Canada
United Kingdom
Germany
Austria
Japan
India
France
Italy
Spain
Mexico
Brazil
Australia
Netherlands
Poland
Sweden see less
By Rosey 1 on October 3, 2021”

Which Fire Stick are you using?

Interesting, because Argentina is not listed here for Fire Stick: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360. Can you watch Aljazeera on there? What about CBSN? Or are they geoblocked in Argentina? I’ve been using Roku for a long time and like it, but they have some issues now with Youtube contract, not sure if Youtube will be available there soon.
Looks like it, I've never had any issues with Al Jazeera previously, but haven't tried CBSN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-175421_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-175421_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211115-175403_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-175403_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Looks like it, I've never had any issues with Al Jazeera previously, but haven't tried CBSN

Cool. Two of my favorite channels, plus Youtube. Looks like we posted about the same time. Please see my message before. It says at least some of the Fire Stick devices don’t work in Argentina.

Perhaps that person who answered the Q&A isn’t speaking from personal experience and is just reading the Amazon documentation.

Cool. Two of my favorite channels, plus Youtube. Looks like we posted about the same time. Please see my message before. It says at least some of the Fire Stick devices don’t work in Argentina.
I have the 4K FireTV Stick. I can confirm that I'm here in CABA using it, it's likely not officially sold here like many products but it definitely works, and the answer is from a user not Amazon itself. Mercadolibre is full of FireTV units for sale with lots of positive feedback.

I have the 4K FireTV Stick. I can confirm that I'm here in CABA using it, it's likely not officially sold here like many products but it definitely works, and the answer is from a user not Amazon itself. Mercadolibre is full of FireTV units for sale with lots of positive feedback.

Cool. Sounds like it will probably work. What about the Max version I linked to earlier, Fire TV Stick 4K Max? I don’t speak Spanish but I didn’t notice that when I searched for it on Mercadolibre.

Cool. Sounds like it will probably work. What about the Max version I linked to earlier, Fire TV Stick 4K Max? I don’t speak Spanish but I didn’t notice that when I searched for it on Mercadolibre.
It has more ram and memory than the basic 4K stick but the software is the same

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nlaruccia Expat Life 30
F Expat Life 6
Back