Rude audience in Village Recoleta

perry

Registered
Yesterday I went to the new Village Recoleta cinema and found the experience underwhelming to say the least. The cinema area has been greatly reduced in size and the queing system was uncomfortable . The cinema seats were comfortable though .

I saw the excellent film Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. It was a deep, thought provoking, beautiful film .

Unfortunately this seemed to be lost on many of the rude patrons there who spent the time talking incessantly throughout , making inane comments due to their non comprehension of the themes of the film . I will make sure to go the cinema with much less people around and avoid all weekend sessions!!

Have you been to the Cinema at the D.O.T.?? That place is awesome!! They have reclining chairs like LayZBoys in there and it's ALWAYS been a great experience. I was even forced to watch Los Pitufos with the girlfriend and walked out with a smile on my face :)

The weekend is the worst time to see a movie - so are Wednesdays and Thursdays (2 for 1 day and new release day.) If you can avoid the teenage crowd, you're better off. :)

All in all I don't have much complaints about the cinema audience here - it's not any worse than my experience in the US. We usually go to DOT or Unicenter to see movies.

I saw that movie in Village Recoleta last night. It was really boring. More like a bad student film. I am sure I was one of the many people making comments but we did walk out after 45 minutes of that nonsense.

I saw the film with my Argentine wife in the US. I had to force her to stay for the whole thing though I quite enjoyed it.

Sorry, I saw the film in the U.S. and I thought I was hallucinating watching it. I couldn't believe they would expect an audience to sit through that. Can someone explain it?
On a brighter side it's nice to know the Village is open again.

It seems that many people do not understand this film and for this reason they choose to critisize it . Its certainly a divided topic with many saying that is was one movie that they disliked immensely. I believe that too many people have become addicted to watching fast action films becoming numb to fims of any emotional value.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/16/the-tree-of-life-reviews-terrence-malick_n_862312.html

For me the visual imagery and the spiritual message of this film was profound .

If you do not like a film and cannot get it just walk out of the cinema . Its simple!!
Does one have to complaing out loud and make inane comments because they do not get it. The crowd at Recoleta were childish .

Hi Perry, I do agree with you, so this is why I lef the theatre. For me the visual imagery was bad, loudy and images that you see when you are using a microscope, But if you like it, good for you!. About the comments of people, well we are latinos we do enjoy to chat, we are very outgoing, it is part of our heritage culture.

It must have been a bad crowd or, as you suggest, the movie's theme. I have been to the Village Recoleta cine at least 10 times and never experienced the type of rude behavior you describe. I have been to English movies with Spanish subtitles where I find myself laughing out loud only to discover I am laughing alone. Something was literally "lost in translation."

I watched Hugo 3D there on a Sunday. Very nice experience. Much better sound and screen than CineMark.
I found the audience nice too, very little noise and we applaused at the end.

Seats are comfortable and there is room for your legs unlike most CineMark where you have to do Yoga to let a late comer in.

Back