Súperbowl Watch party

Bigboy

Registered
Anyone interested in meeting up and watching the Súper bowl?

I was thinking about it until I looked - Rams vs Bengals?

No thanks. I mean, seriously? THIS is the best the NFL has to offer these days?

Clearly, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

And lo, the Rams played the Bengals in the Superbowl, and nobody gave a s***"

I think you aren't following much about the NFL these days...
No, you're right. I started watching NFL football in 1972. When you grew up watching QB's like Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Bob Griese, Dan Fouts, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett, it's hard to be impressed by the talent of today.

Go look at Ranker.com for the best QB's of all time for the Steelers, Broncos, Dolphins, Chargers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Raiders. You'll find the QB's I named at the top of the list, and they all played in the era 1971-86. There has simply never been a generation of quarterbacks to match them since.

The year before the pandemic started, I actually watched LFL in its tenth and final season, and those women played more entertaining football, more fun to watch, than what I see in the NFL today. Granted, it was only arena football, on a 50-yard field with not much of a kicking game, but those women played their hearts out. And they played with amazing skill, when you consider that there is no high school, college, or even Pop Warner for women to learn from. KK Mathey was an absolute gunslinger, and she was a basketball player through her school days. Most of the women in the LFL came from either basketball or track and field backgrounds. It was amusing how much they started acting like...well...football players. Slapping each other on the ass and fighting and pirate mouth from hell.

LFL was truly impressive when you consider that it started as a drunken fratboy yuk-yuk concept one-off for halftime, "let's git a buncha wimmen to play football in their underwear!". But those women played so well that they really impressed people, and it actually turned into a real league that lasted 10 years. But the pandemic killed it, and I don't think it's coming back.

But it sure was entertaining while it lasted. They ran some half-crazy plays you almost never see in the NFL, double reverses, and halfback options, and one absolutely brilliant hook-and-ladder that I remember well.

Anyhow, I'm rambling on here....

No, you're right. I started watching NFL football in 1972. When you grew up watching QB's like Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Bob Griese, Dan Fouts, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett, it's hard to be impressed by the talent of today.
Brady?

I was thinking about it until I looked - Rams vs Bengals?

No thanks. I mean, seriously? THIS is the best the NFL has to offer these days?

Clearly, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

And lo, the Rams played the Bengals in the Superbowl, and nobody gave a s***"
Jesus. Each and every playoff game this year was outstanding. Both teams deserve to be in the superbowl. But also so do the cowboys. Next year is our year

Back