Samsung Galaxy S3

I think you just sold me on this. I've been debating which smartphone would be best. The Galaxies have the best hardware stats, but they don't justify the price.

And when you look to the middle-class phones, they all are inferior with other flaws.

But this Huawei has the hardware of the Galaxy, with a middle of the line price.

Thanks!

There's also a giant thread here with people releasing custom roms so you can have fun playing with those.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2039998

Got it on Saturday and can't get over its awesomeness.
If there were a geek heaven, I think I've arrived :)

Thanks to you for sharing the information well dude i have been using the Samsung Galaxy 3 last month.....one of the best cell phone in the world even then every European people have liked and used it.Am i right dude????????????:):)

I purchased the S3 back in the states and used it for about 6 months before I got here, and I loved it. Of course I had my phone through Sprint, whose network is not compatible with the network here, so now my great phone is not much more than an ipod touch when I have wifi. It pains me to use my super old blackberry for my main phone, but I still carry around the galaxy for pictures and whatnot when needed. I think I'm heading back to the states in a few weeks and maybe returning, so I may try to somehow swap it with an unlocked verizon galaxy so I can actually use it here as my main phone.

Or take advantage of the blue dollar and get an international version here?
GTI9300 model.

even with the blue dollar at 10:1, looks like its still going to run between US$450-500 :/ maybe i can do some sort of trade-in in the states for less

Just my 2c worth, I know this could be a bit off topic maybe but it's relevant..I had the GS3..great phone, good enough battery etc no complaints...but I found myself yearning for a bigger screen,,,bought the Galaxy note 2...at first I hesitated cause of the size, but after a day I got used to it & I can't find fault with it. Apart from the extra screen size that really helps with viewing webpages etc, the battery is truly great, I can get two days use if I don't need to sit on calls for too long. Its stylus pen is another unexpected bonus...I could go on, but basically, I used to carry a small netbook around to the cafes but now I find myself just taking the 5.5inch note 2 (A mini tablet phone in the hand is worth two at home) Seriously looking at upgrading to the Galaxy note 3 now with the 5.7" screen, it is simply amazing, and the hand writing recognition is something invaluable when you need to record things on the go.

I've given up on |Apple products as well, I purchased an HTC One X+ (longer battery life than the HTC One). It has a fantastic camera which is what I find myself using a lot with my toddler these days. Also got my husband a google nexus 7 for his birthday -- I didn't want to spend the money on an iPad, the iPad Mini with retina display doesn't come out until november, when I'll already be back in Buenos Aires, and the nexus 7 came with 32GB for 270 bucks approx. It's supposed to be great for gaming, which even if he tries to tell me he'll use for work, I already know that that's really what he's interested in. The HTC One X+ was $425 for 64GB. The Android store has all the same and more stuff than the Apple store. The iPhone 5C unlocked was going to cost me 600 bucks for I think it was 16gb, it might have been 32. The 5S was going for about 1000 unlocked.​

I too looked at an SIII but the HTC beat it in a lot of regards (camera especially) The HTC is supposed to be available in Argentina as of november, so you might want to wait and see to make a comparison, I have no idea how much it will retail for there. Check which version of android the two are coming with as well, because some of the phones don't have updates, so you get yourself an SIII and you may not find much use out of your phone beyond a couple of years. That's really what ended my love of iphones, they are so bloody expensive and then Apple purposely kills off updates on old models so you're forced to upgrade -- not a great situation when you're having to buy unlocked at full price.​

If you buy phones abroad you need to make sure you're getting the Int'l versions NOT the USA versions. If you buy a USA phone you need to get an AT&T phone or they won't necessarily work in Argentina.​

probably been posted before but here is the argentine frequencies. any unlocked phone will work in argentina if they can do these frequencies.

http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=ARGENTINA

ARGENTINA

2G capabilities

GSM 850, GSM 1800, GSM 1900

3G capabilities

UMTS 850, UMTS 1900

Back