San Telmo Fair Easter Sunday?

saraleviathan

Registered
Hey guys, any of you know if the San Telmo Fair is still happening this Sunday, despite Easter? I don't want to go all the way there and find it deserted! And should I expect most shops to be closed until Wednesday?

I would think supermarkets will be open albeit with reduced hours maybe.Chinos will be business as usual. Small stores are probably closed.
About the San Telmo market I have no idea. I would think it is as it is the best time for business with families staying in the city taking a stroll.But as I said just a guess.

I asked my friend at the cigar shop on Defensa about the same thing yesterday and he said it would be fully up and running. Feria de Mataderos has special guest musicians so my guess is that all ferias will be full on this weekend.

I do not want to sound like a cynic, but why would you want to go to that touristic fair? I love walking in San Telmo on Sundays but I always evade Defensa street like the plague.

I do not want to sound like a cynic, but why would you want to go to that touristic fair? I love walking in San Telmo on Sundays but I always evade Defensa street like the plague.
Sometimes I get some really good junk (as in old stuff) that I don't need.
Nancy

How would you know ???
You're in Madrid, Spain !!!

I was in San Telmo last Sunday. Always a treat . It's like one big party.
I live near bye. I love it.

Hello, I am in BA and looking for a used guitar. Would the San Telmo market be a good place to find one? Thanks!

How would you know ???
You're in Spain !!!

I was in San Telmo last Sunday. Always a treat . It's like one big party.
I live near bye. I love it.
Sorry, exaggeration is my second name. Well, I have lived in Buenos Aires and I am returning this year. I just don't like the touristy character of the market and its people. I have spent many Sundays in San Telmo, either just for a walk or in the company of friends, and I do love the neighbourhood. I agree that there is quite an convivial ambience in Defensa street that sometimes lacks in otherwise often empty streets in the center. But I do not like the sometimes aggressive behaviour of people trying to pass off on me with 'made in China' rubbish, that's why I usually didn't walk directly through the street itself. But I have to say that the thought of strawling pointlessly through early autumn San Telmo awakens a certain extent of nostalgia.

Yogur,your a bit of a prat why not stay where you are?if you are a tourist act like one.

Yogur,your a bit of a prat why not stay where you are?if you are a tourist act like one.
Hi there! You seem like a nice and decent kind of guy.

Well, actually, at first I thought you were kind of a twat, but now I am completely convinced of your brotherly amiability and sympathetic character.

Back