San Telmo/monserrat - Mexico/venezuela Area

I'm going to be relying on public transport and my own two feet. My main criteria is being near a good cafe with internet for when I want to get out of the house to do work. I had been drawn to San Telmo because its market and Ave Cordoba seemed like the two areas I'd be most interested in exploring - and the apartment was twelve blocks south of one and seven blocks north of the other.

Plus seemed like San Telmo had some good cheap eats, though when I travel I always grab a place with at least a hot plate and near a supermarket so I can save some cash that way....

My field is crime victim services and I'm planing on volunteering while there but my placement isn't finalized yet, so, no clue where that will be.

I'm going to be relying on public transport and my own two feet. My main criteria is being near a good cafe with internet for when I want to get out of the house to do work. I had been drawn to San Telmo because it's market and Ave Cordoba seemed like the two areas I'd be most interested in exploring - and the apartment was twelve blocks south of one and seven blocks north of the other.

Plus seemed like San Telmo had some good cheap eats, though when I travel I always grab a place with at least a hot plate and near a supermarket so I can save some cash that way....

My field is crime victim services and I'm planing on volunteering while there but my placement isn't finalized yet, so, no clue where that will be.
If you need public transport,then belgrano r is out
I dont know your age,but recoleta,doesnt seem to me a place for young people.
If you dont have money issued,i would choose belgrano,plenty of public transport,to every place,cafes and so forth.
If you need central but cheaper,plenty of young people,choose villa crespo,for example,not fancy,but not bad at all.

So wait, does Belgrano have good public transport or not?

I'm 32 and don't consider myself a young person, at least not in mind or attitude. :)

Thanks so much for the advice! I hadn't considered Villa Crespo.... I assumed one wanted to be close to the water...? The far side of Amalgro or even just Abasto kind of struck me as no man's land...

Again, maybe best for me to get settled in a stodgy, somewhat dependable area and explore. :)

So wait, does Belgrano have good public transport or not?

I'm 32 and don't consider myself a young person, at least not in mind or attitude. :)

Thanks so much for the advice! I hadn't considered Villa Crespo.... I assumed one wanted to be close to the water...? The far side of Amalgro or even just Abasto kind of struck me as no man's land...

Again, maybe best for me to get settled in a stodgy, somewhat dependable area and explore. :)
Belgrano is divided into several parts,belgrano C,belgrano R,bajo belgrano,and a couple more.
Belgrano C has a lot of public transport,and many quiet areas,close to that,for example,I llive 100 metres from cabildo avenue,the central avenue,it is relatively quiet,and i have tons of buses,and the subway,and I can walk some,and get the train as well.,and if you go a bit more inside,lets say,200 or 300 metres from cabildo,can be dead quiet,but still close to all,it is not cheap,of course.
Close to the river?why?what´s interesting on the river? :confused: :confused:
Im 33,now you make me feel bad about my age :D :D :D

Abasto at night,scares me a bit to be honest,almagro,depends where
You can consider also,caballito and flores,also plenty of transport there.

To be honest, just based on my time on the east coast and in Paris, I guess I fetishize real estate by the water. :)

Thanks for explaining about Belgrano. :)

To be honest, just based on my time on the east coast and in Paris, I guess I fetishize real estate by the water. :)

Thanks for explaining about Belgrano. :)
well,the river here,is not something wow,and the only place close to the river that comes to mind for me,is puerto madero,and its super expensive.
most of the river coast,is parks,the port,the nature reserve,and some other public places.

Yes, the proximity of Puerto Madero was part of what had drawn me to San Telmo. Not in terms of attractions - just, in general, where's a good area to be that's not too stressful? Again, I think was just a subtle prejudice on my part due to other cities I had lived in...

Yes, the proximity of Puerto Madero was part of what had drawn me to San Telmo. Not in terms of attractions - just, in general, where's a good area to be that's not too stressful? Again, I think was just a subtle prejudice on my part due to other cities I had lived in...
Again,also,depends on your budget
Villa crespo has places that are not that stressful
caballito and flores also
belgrano,of course,but its more expensive
what budget do you have?
nothing very interesting ,in my opinion,in puerto madero,its expensive,vulgar and touristy,in my opinion.
The places I named for you,are places where argentinians live,not foreigners,I think its better to mix with the locals

Caballito, Villa Crespo, and Flores all sound like great places to explore. What do you recommend checking out in each neighborhood?

Back