San Telmo/monserrat - Mexico/venezuela Area

Don't forget Airbnb BA...
Lots of neighborhood to choose from.

This place looks spectacular & cheap too !

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4470484?s=OAOm

Thanks so much for the Craigslist tip - and to everyone in general on the feedback. Like I said, I've worked in public safety in my home state; I understand murders and assaults happen and can happen anywhere. And of course I also know that if there are street corners monopolized by people selling sex or drugs - well, obviously you want to avoid those. Also having been raised on the east coast I DO feel safer in a city if there's people around at night -- figuring if people AREN'T around, there's a reason for that!

I do have another lead on a place smack in the middle of Recoleta and I'm wondering if maybe it might be wisest to take that place for a couple months while I get a feel for the city and its various areas.

If you're looking to avoid street corners monopolized by people selling sex, I recommend avoiding Recoleta.

Caballito, Villa Crespo, and Flores all sound like great places to explore. What do you recommend checking out in each neighborhood?
Villa crespo,around corrientes and scalabrini,that is the center,around is not so noisy,and lots of life in there
caballito and flores,dont know them so much
in general,get yourself,in the internet a map of the subway,and check around lines b,d,and e,those are the lines going around those residential areas.

Sounds like your gut instinct to try San Telmo is the right choice for you. Don't waste too much time trying to explore every neighborhood on the internet. San Telmo has its own charm and that's probably what attracted you to it. It may be true that tourists are targeted there, but it sounds like you will blend in from day one.

Back