San Telmo

gracebernhardt

Registered
This is not an official event or anything.. I just moved to San Telmo and am getting to kow the neighborhood. It would be nice to meet up with some expats. If anyone is interested in meeting at a bar or coffe shop in San Telmo sometime soon please let me know.. My friend and I are just looking to hang with some americans for a bit :)

South Americans or just Yanquis?

Oh for god's sake, Joe. The girl comes on here and asks politely if anyone would like to join her, and you have to give some snotty, sarky reply. That's a perfect example in a nutshell of what's wrong with this board.

I mean, would it kill you to be nice?

Grace, apologies, the sark gets pretty dense around here. Certain people seem to try to outdo each other in being gratuitously rude.

Yes, of course, I'm sure there are plenty of us would like to join you for coffee in San Telmo. Find a place and suggest a time that doesn't conflict with the coffee chats on wednesday and friday at 4pm, then post here and we'll come bother you.

Red, I was just trying to call attention to the fact that our Euro-members are being neglected as well as the always forgotten Canucks.

Shouldn't we try to be more inclusive: a Big Tent as it were, with BA expaters from all corners of the world coming together and not judging each other by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Sounds Ike racism to me! But of course they keep telling me that racism doesn't exist in Argentina

Red, I was just trying to call attention to the fact that our Euro-members are being neglected as well as the always forgotten Canucks.

I know some lovely Salvadoreanas who live here or have lived here and speak plenty o' English. They're not Canucks, not Souff Americans, and aren't Yanquis either.

Sounds Ike racism to me! But of course they keep telling me that racism doesn't exist in Argentina.

Having trouble figuring out what "race" you're talking about.

Reactions: Joe
Well.. if any of the above posts didn't scare you off already, your welcome to stop by the weekly coffee chats :D
http://baexpats.org/topic/29259-coffee-chat/page__st__120

I'm just a white girl... I'm sorry

Don't worry about it, you didn't say anything wrong, it's just this crowd (rolls eyes)

Seriously, maybe you could PM GMXam and ask her to setup one of our regular coffee chats in San Telmo. That way you could meet the whole crew.

I know some lovely Salvadoreanas who live here or have lived here and speak plenty o' English. They're not Canucks, not Souff Americans, and aren't Yanquis either.

You know some Salvadoreanas?! Where? How 'bout some pupusas y horchata Salvadoreña?

Back