Scam Phonecalls

Its used mainly by people who want to sell you something over the phone, but its not had to imagine some savvy thieves using it as well.

Judging from the red box on the bottom of their homepage, it seems that they might have gotten this information from the government.

As for getting it removed, I don't think there is a way to do that without changing your number. The only possibility is a city law called ley no llama, but that really only prevents telemarketers from calling you. I don't believe that it has any bearing this website.

EdRooney said:
We've had a series of strange calls over the last couple of weeks too. Very insistent pollsters, one from a guy saying he was from the police dept and someone was attacked who mentioned my wife's name as a contact....

I'm not sure what the scam is, but it is definitely creepy.

In our old apartment we would get phone calls for a particular person (I think from different people) who used to have that number, but after a time we got a call saying that someone had been in an accident and they had to talk to them (even though we had said they didn't live there) then they started asking some fishy information like our names and address. We didn't give that information and they never called back - but it definitely seemed like a scam.

They seem to re-dish out the phone numbers quite quickly though, as our previous number we would occasionally get people calling for someone else, although nothing fishy happened.

Also with our most recent number we had someone call who was looking for their aunt and we are now good friends with that person! :eek:) So not all 'wrong numbers' are a scam.

Be careful with those calls I know some of them end up saying they have kidnapped your wife or husband/son and ask for money, or that there has been an accident or has been run into by a car, check always before doing anything, don´t give your names or any personal information.
Reina

Back