Scioli Declares Security Emergency In Ba Province

Redpossum

Registered
A somewhat alarming story at first glance, but less so when you read it in full and think about it. They're not passing any draconian new laws restricting people's freedom, they're just putting more cops on the street. I think most law officers themselves would agree that's a reasonable response.

The story explains that the declaration is necessary to pass the funding, and adds that they're recalling retired officers to duty. This also seems like a reasonable response to me, and older officers generally tend to be more calm and less excitable. Not to mention that this will provide jobs for thousands of retirees, and inject more money into the economy.

Overall this seems to me like the sober and reasonable action of a responsible government. I like it.

A somewhat alarming story at first glance, but less so when you read it in full and think about it. They're not passing any draconian new laws restricting people's freedom, they're just putting more cops on the street. I think most law officers themselves would agree that's a reasonable response.

The story explains that the declaration is necessary to pass the funding, and adds that they're recalling retired officers to duty. This also seems like a reasonable response to me, and older officers generally tend to be more calm and less excitable. Not to mention that this will provide jobs for thousands of retirees, and inject more money into the economy.

Overall this seems to me like the sober and reasonable action of a responsible government. I like it.

The problem is that these policemen have been part of the bonaerense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Bonaerense

Back