Seeking my relatives

pokergirl

Registered
Hello everyone, who use this website!
I am from Latvia. I am seeking my distant relatives, which are living in Argentina. After the last information they are living in Buenos Aires. It has known, that they don't live in address, which I have known. They change home adress, but they don't notify new home address us. It was many years ago.
Is there anyone, who know, who can help my to find my realtions in Buenos Aires? Whom should I start? I am heard, that in BA is The Department of Migrations. Does this department can help me or there is any other Department, which helps me with this issues? Do you have any suggestions?

With the best wishes,
Kristine

You should check the city´s property records, telephone company records, look for marriage, birth or death certicates at the city´s records office,etc.
The most efficient way is to check the voting records, since voting is compulsory here.
But you can not do it yourself, you have to hire a lawyer to do it for you.
Good luck

Hello!
Thank you for reply. You give me some good suggestions. I wanted to ask you or everyone in BA, who knows it – where I can get for example city´s property records? Have in your country any web site, where is published information, how to get it? I don't know any. Could you write me? A lawyer is a good idea, but at first I wanted to find out the main things, how to start to seek persons. At moment I am in Latvija and I am not sure, that I can to go to Buenos Aires shortly. Therefore at first I need to start with any list of certain departmens. In our country we have The Department of Migrations and Population Register. And I can get information about person, written application. But in Buenos Aires? Is there similar? And telephone company records? Have you any website, where I can find out necessary information about telephone company records? I know only English, but I know, that in Argentina the official language is Spanish language. But I hope, that any information will be English or I am ready to start using translator. At moment I have to rely on information to yours or others persons, which are in this website. Of course, It wil be easier if I have any persons in BA, but at moment it is not possible, because I have not eny known people in BA. I will be grateful for any information.
With the best wishes,
Kristine

Kristine, if you could give their names, sex and ages and the last known residence address it may be possible that someone here in this forum offer to help you in looking for them making internet enquires to the various departmental institutions and telephone guides as the white pages for example, etc....give it a try.

Its never a good idea to post personal details on an internet forum. The best way to get help is to offer to give the information via private message to a person who offers to help.

Jewish and Mormon associations, everyone in both speak Enlglish, may be able to help you.
You did say Latvia, so, just in case try AMIA which keeps records or can help you find them.
The Church of Latter Day Saints, or Mormons, keeps records of a lot of people, they have a big presence in Arg, and aren't they always so glad to help?

Back