Seeking recommendation for a cueva in microcenter

Sojourner

Registered
Can anyone recommend a safe and reliable cueva in the BA microcenter area? Ideal would be one close to Presidente Perón (Cangallo) y Reconquista but “safe and reliable” override specific location. Please DM me & thanks.

One week ago i went to Florida 656 oficina 1. No problems. Here the whatsapp msg i got from a friend (who usually goes there) from May 15:

Cotação del dia *15/05/2020*
LOS PRECIOS PUEDEN CAMBIAR
SUJEITO* *A* *ALTERAÇÃO* *AO* *DECORRER* *DO* *DIA
*Los precios son de compra ( de real, dolar o euro para pesos argentinos)*
REAL = 21,00

Dólar = $ 135,00 pesos* (Billetes de 100 o 50 dolares).
*U$D 100 dólares = 13500 pesos argentinos*

Euro 140,00

*Precio de venta* ( *usted comprar* ) *por favor consultar,para precio de compra.

*Estamos haciendo cambio,pero con restricción.*
*Si querés cambiar, horário de atención de lunes a viernes de 09h00 - 18h00*
*por favor golpear la puerta , Dirección Florida 656 oficina 1*

One week ago i went to Florida 656 oficina 1. No problems. Here the whatsapp msg i got from a friend (who usually goes there) from May 15:

Cotação del dia *15/05/2020*
LOS PRECIOS PUEDEN CAMBIAR
SUJEITO* *A* *ALTERAÇÃO* *AO* *DECORRER* *DO* *DIA
*Los precios son de compra ( de real, dolar o euro para pesos argentinos)*
REAL = 21,00

Dólar = $ 135,00 pesos* (Billetes de 100 o 50 dolares).
*U$D 100 dólares = 13500 pesos argentinos*

Euro 140,00

*Precio de venta* ( *usted comprar* ) *por favor consultar,para precio de compra.

*Estamos haciendo cambio,pero con restricción.*
*Si querés cambiar, horário de atención de lunes a viernes de 09h00 - 18h00*
*por favor golpear la puerta , Dirección Florida 656 oficina 1*
Thanks very much for the information. This is for a friend (I am back in the states, BA lockdown -> USA lockdown). I know she was hoping for something closer to her bank as she is adverse to carrying large sums of cash in the open, but as needs must. If anyone has another suggestion it would be appreciated but I am very glad to have this one.

Dólar = $ 135,00 pesos has to be the selling price, not the price at which a cueva would buy one's dollar.
Also, well, addresses of cueva are usually not published, openly... just saying. As they are, after all, a tolerated but illegal business.

Dólar = $ 135,00 pesos has to be the selling price, not the price at which a cueva would buy one's dollar.
Also, well, addresses of cueva are usually not published, openly... just saying. As they are, after all, a tolerated but illegal business.
That day I received 134 pesos for one usd (even without negotiating). I changed 500 usd in 100 bills. But again, that was on May 15.

I dont have the whatsapp nr of this guy, i just went there (the msg i attached was forwarded from a friend). But i can find out if you want

That day I received 134 pesos for one usd (even without negotiating). I changed 500 usd in 100 bills. But again, that was on May 15.

I dont have the whatsapp nr of this guy, i just went there (the msg i attached was forwarded from a friend). But i can find out if you want
I would appreciate the WhatsApp & thanks.

I used an open to the public"cueva" located in the GALERIA BOSTON, Florida 142. It is located just North of Diagonal Norte.
When you enter walk the short stairs down, and you will have two shops, one on either side. They are fair, and it is a safe place.
I did business with them many times, and they never gave a bogus bill note.

Thanks! I appreciate the helpfulness of everyone - it is good to have choices and find what feels best.

I used an open to the public"cueva" located in the GALERIA BOSTON, Florida 142. It is located just North of Diagonal Norte.
When you enter walk the short stairs down, and you will have two shops, one on either side. They are fair, and it is a safe place.
Tank you. That is a good referral to a cueva. Is the Galeria open during the quarantine to access the cueva and rest of the shops? In neighborhood all the galerias have remained close. I want to buy a router and don't want to order it online.

Last edited:

IF it´s open, while at the Galería Boston, do yourself a favor and try the empanadas at La Cocina.
Place certainly doesn´t look like much but the empanadas are one of the best in BA.
They do have another VERY small place on Av. Pueyrredon and Arenales, easy to miss.

A mandatory stop when in the area. Been going there for ages.

@gracielle, IF they´re open, DATASOFT inside Galería Jardin, is the place to buy. They sell online too.
There are one of the oldest computer companies in Argentina. Did business with them starting in the late 80´s and the last time I asked, couple of years ago, it was still owned by the same guy. Quique.

Iz

Back