Seeking recommendation for a cueva in microcenter

IF it´s open, while at the Galería Boston, do yourself a favor and try the empanadas at La Cocina.
Place certainly doesn´t look like much but the empanadas are one of the best in BA.
They do have another VERY small place on Av. Pueyrredon and Arenales, easy to miss.

A mandatory stop when in the area. Been going there for ages.

@gracielle, IF they´re open, DATASOFT inside Galería Jardin, is the place to buy. They sell online too.
There are one of the oldest computer companies in Argentina. Did business with them starting in the late 80´s and the last time I asked, couple of years ago, it was still owned by the same guy. Quique.

Iz
Thanks Iz for the recommendation on trying the empanadas. And thanks for reminding me about Datasoft at Galeria Jardin. I have bought computer accessories there in the past but always in person. That store is temporarily closed, according to their website, but the one at Av. Cabildo 2871 is open. Unfortunately, they don't have routers in stock. They did confirm that both Galeria Jardin and Galeria Boston are temporarily closed.

Thanks Iz for the recommendation on trying the empanadas. And thanks for reminding me about Datasoft at Galeria Jardin. I have bought computer accessories there in the past but always in person. That store is temporarily closed, according to their website, but the one at Av. Cabildo 2871 is open. Unfortunately, they don't have routers in stock. They did confirm that both Galeria Jardin and Galeria Boston are temporarily closed.
OT:

Please remind me your general whereabouts so I can point you in the right direction for finding a computer store, hopefuly open.

Bunch of computer related stores on Parana, between Corrientes and Rivadavia. The cater to the professionals.
There is where you find decent Transformadores 220~110v

Close to my place, on Libertad and Av Sta Fe, a small phone and computer repair shop was open last week.

I'd suggest a TP-link 1200AC. Or the newer mesh ready units, same hardware different shape - no visible antenna) and the possibility to add more units for mesh coverage. Combo of 2 units was a round $10k.

Iz

PM me if you prefer.

OT:

Please remind me your general whereabouts so I can point you in the right direction for finding a computer store, hopefuly open.

Bunch of computer related stores on Parana, between Corrientes and Rivadavia. The cater to the professionals.
There is where you find decent Transformadores 220~110v

Close to my place, on Libertad and Av Sta Fe, a small phone and computer repair shop was open last week.

I'd suggest a TP-link 1200AC. Or the newer mesh ready units, same hardware different shape - no visible antenna) and the possibility to add more units for mesh coverage. Combo of 2 units was a round $10k.

Iz

PM me if you prefer.
Thanks for your help. I live in Caballito but walk everywhere in CABA. My preference is to buy it in person as opposed to Mercado Libre. I am not tech savvy but I manage OK face to face when explaining what I want to accomplish as I am a native speaker. One like theTP-link 1200AC or similar model is what I had in mind. The alternative is to buy a conmutador (dispositivo de red) no administrado such as the Switch Tp Link Tl-sg2424 Con 24 Puertos Gigabit 4 Sfp Combo for about $14K.

Thanks for your help. I live in Caballito but walk everywhere in CABA. My preference is to buy it in person as opposed to Mercado Libre. I am not tech savvy but I manage OK face to face when explaining what I want to accomplish as I am a native speaker. One like theTP-link 1200AC or similar model is what I had in mind. The alternative is to buy a conmutador (dispositivo de red) no administrado such as the Switch Tp Link Tl-sg2424 Con 24 Puertos Gigabit 4 Sfp Combo for about $14K.
No way José.

Used to live and work from Caballito.
My goto place is on Av. Rivadavia between Rio de Janeiro and Av La Plata. Past the metro entrance on the side where the 5 a Sec might still be, not the same side as San Carlos and the pharmacy (Francesa?) that dealt with Mühlberger stands.
Tiny, very efficient store, next to Mc D and BAkery.
Or you can call Cygnus Informatica and ask for Gustavo.

Iz

Best way is to look friends with pesos and do the exchange with them. Win Win for everyone

IF it´s open, while at the Galería Boston, do yourself a favor and try the empanadas at La Cocina.
Place certainly doesn´t look like much but the empanadas are one of the best in BA.
They do have another VERY small place on Av. Pueyrredon and Arenales, easy to miss.

A mandatory stop when in the area. Been going there for ages.

@gracielle, IF they´re open, DATASOFT inside Galería Jardin, is the place to buy. They sell online too.
There are one of the oldest computer companies in Argentina. Did business with them starting in the late 80´s and the last time I asked, couple of years ago, it was still owned by the same guy. Quique.

Iz
Just a quick "second" to Iznogud's recommendation of "La Cocina" - I've patronized the La Cocina on Pueyrredon and consider it to deliver the unquestionably best empanadas in BA - well, of those I've tried so far. Not to be missed.

Back