Selling on Mercadolibre

Acually I opened another acount. Today i received a powder charge nailgun I purchased from a guy there . Satisfied that all went well , but i was biting my nails there till i got to see it worked ok .

ML was used a lot for selling stolen items. Ebay ask you for a credit card which is the equivalent to an ID in the US.
So, what s the matter about asking a valid ID?
It is normal.
Regards

OK! so if that is the case, How much would they charge me for the tax of selling a 8000 Pesos laptop? I guess I legally have to file it in my tax report, since I have given them my DNI , Right ?

madmaxer said:
OK! so if that is the case, How much would they charge me for the tax of selling a 8000 Pesos laptop? I guess I legally have to file it in my tax report, since I have given them my DNI , Right ?

No idea how much tax, but ML would take 10% commission.
I usually have numerous PC products for sale with ML, including cables and stuff priced at a few pesos.
The savvy buyers see this and buy the cable..............get my drift?

yeah , i see it as a cheezy and low thing to do .
I feel that if ML went thru the trouble of putting up a site where one can peddle or buy , its nly fair to pay them their due.
Reading that someone feel momentarily smart or clever by writing that they learned to get over on someone , dunno , i think thats pretty lowdown.

nlaruccia said:
They should ask for your DNI. I was cheated out of $800 US dollars by a buyer two years ago. I complained to Mercadolibre and because the user had changed his cell phone number and used a false name, Mercadolibre couldn't track him down and I couldn't complain to the police since I had no idea who the buyer really was. It turned out that this buyer was part of a mafia that opens up a new account everyday and cheats sellers. They said they were conducting and investigation and as a result of other similar incidents they started requiring and id to open an account. Doesn't Ebay require at least a credit card number or some kind of documentation?

Hang on, you sent $800 to someone you didn't know. False ID won't be a problem for the Mafia.

People here think that ID protects them in some way but actually carrying that ID around is a liability. If it gets lost or copied what are you going to do about it?

I find it very hard work with Mercadolibre. How do you search for a phrase with 2 words? If you search for " vitimin c" it takes that as "vitimin + c".

Also, how do you pay remotely without a local credit card. Many times I've wanted to buy presents for people when out of the country and none of my cards are accepted. It's not clear how to pay with MercadoPago balance.

I use ML mostly to find out the prevailing local price of sometime before going to a store. Especially with electronics, prices in local stores seem to be all over the lot, and I find many vendors make up a price that's almost always higher than what is advertised on ML. When I check prices on ML and then go to a local store and ask the price, and they tell me $150, I reply that everyone is selling the same thing on ML for $95-100, and I usually get that price.

I also occasionally use ML to see if something I haven't found in the neighborhood is in the market at all and, if it is, to locate a vendor for it. Most of the ML vendors with physical stores, which seems to be a majority of the listings, show their logo, which you can google, or enough hints about their address to locate them.

When I was in the US, I used eBay all the time. Here I'm less comfortable making purchases online. When I do, I always choose cash payment so I can complete the deal face-to-face with the seller.

zapatosgoma said:
You can use my DNI = ********** :)

Uh, I would suggest you take your DNI information off here. This is a public website, anyone can read anything you put up.

Back