selling on mercadolibre

I've bought much more than I've sold but I haven't had any problems selling. The only problems I've had as a buyer was when items were not as descibed (poor condition). As a seller I guarantee that everything I sell is exactly as described. You can see how I do this in any of my listings by clicking on my signature (Argentine art for sale). You are welcome to copy any of the "general" information from my ads.

There are some useful comments in this thread: http://baexpats.org/expat-life/24112-what-exactly-mercado-libre.html

If you enter "mercadolibre" in an advanced seach (titles only) you will also find several relevant threads.

wife & I have bought / sold stuff over the last year, was fine.
Take the usual precautions that you would with ebay, if possible meet somewhere public to do the exchange

I've sold quite a few items on Mercadolibre. Things have always worked out fine. I recommend you only accept payment via Mercadopago or bank deposit and specify that in your listings. This will deter any criminals from trying to get merchandise from you without paying you and when you do hand over the merchandise DONT let people into your home, meet them at the door, with someone around. If you live alone ask the encargado to be around when you meet them at the door. I just sold a used laptop computer and shipped it to El Bolson.

Been buying and selling for more than 10 yrs, never an issue.

Ive been buying and selling for years too. Never had problems with cheaper items, but expensive/rare items can be a hassle to sell. And both mercadolibre and mercadopago have awful to non-existent support for sellers. If anything goes wrong do not expect any help from either.

do they get a commision??(mercadolibre) I want to sell a couple of shirts and jackets on this site

Yes, there is commission, and it's ridiculous. It's around 10% of the total price if you choose a free posting. If you pay for the posting, the commission is around 7% but then if the item doesn't sell you've paid to post it and that cost you money out of your pocket. Cheers.

AFIP has announced new resolutions which will require registration and taxes paid by sellers of used items on mercado libre and other "portals" where such transactions occur. Those who sell more than five items (or lots) per month or any number of items with a total value in excess of $4999.00 pesos will be subject to paying taxes on their sales. They also have to provide a monthly report of their stock (inventory).

More details can be found here: http://ar.finanzas.yahoo.com/noticias/afip-saldr%C3%A1-caza-evasores-compren-vendan-bienes-usados-155600699.html

Back