Sending A Text Message To The Us (Personal)

I use WhatsApp as well (for just about everything...chiropractor appts, doctor's appts, schedule blood draws at home, order up the pool guy for cleaning or to make resto reservations...LOVE IT).

For the few in the US that refuse to get with the times....I have a free Google Voice (Hangouts) phone number and I text from that. It registers on my phone as a text (also via email).

WhatsApp will continue to work fine on your same smart phone even when you return to the US.

Bonus. I use my Google voice number in the US as my "mobile" number so I can simply pop in a new SIM for the 4-6 weeks I'm there without really using the new number...everyone just calls the same US number they are used to and it rings my temporary number.

I use WhatsApp as well (for just about everything...chiropractor appts, doctor's appts, schedule blood draws at home, order up the pool guy for cleaning or to make resto reservations...LOVE IT).

For the few in the US that refuse to get with the times....I have a free Google Voice (Hangouts) phone number and I text from that. It registers on my phone as a text (also via email).

WhatsApp will continue to work fine on your same smart phone even when you return to the US.

Bonus. I use my Google voice number in the US as my "mobile" number so I can simply pop in a new SIM for the 4-6 weeks I'm there without really using the new number...everyone just calls the same US number they are used to and it rings my temporary number.

I use the same trick, but for some reason there is a little delay in getting calls. When I hear the first ring, the caller is probably in its 6th or 7th ring and usually they put down the receiver because they think I am not there. It works okay with SMS, though.

Back