Sending text messages overseas from Personal prepaid sim

tkm

Registered
My friend is having trouble sending text messages to her home country with her prepaid Personal. If she calls, it's fine but with the text messages, there's always error. I have no problem with my Claro though.

Has anyone had the same problem? Does the text msg overseas function need to be activated?

Thanks!

The SMS should be fine, I send them back all the time. Where is she sending them?

For instance, to Canada, you must include 001-area code-...-....

i have the same problem with my personal phone. someone told me once i have to go into the store and have them put settings that allows international texts.

Reactions: tkm
My friend has called Personal and they agreed to change the settings whatsoever for her and according to them, it would take max 72 hours to have international texts going through. So we are waiting now...

i had the same problem and logged in over 5 hours of "tech support" to finally discover that Personal only has "reciprocal contracts" with certain overseas companies. In canada it didn't work with anyone who had Rogers or Bell. I had to switch to Movistar and now have no issues. Good luck.

A tiny bit off subject but still relevent. If you reply to a text and the other person has a different network it will cost you about 3 times as much as you will be using their network. Always text from your network to the other

Back