Seperate Work Permit?

mini

Registered
This question just occurred to me:

Does one need to apply for a separate work permit or does the temporary residence permit include the right to work?
 

steveinbsas

Registered
mini said:
This question just occurred to me:

Does one need to apply for a separate work permit or does the temporary residence permit include the right to work?

If you have temporary residence and are eligible for a DNI, you can work.

The question then is, can you get work while you are waiting for your DNI?

There have been recent posts that it takes a year now to get the DNI as well as one post which said no DNI's will be processed until "the new system" is implemented.
 

Celia

Registered
steveinbsas said:
If you have temporary residence and are eligible for a DNI, you can work.
The question then is, can you get work while you are waiting for your DNI?quote]

I'm 99% sure you just need to get a CUIL which is the tax number.
 

mini

Registered
steveinbsas said:
If you have temporary residence and are eligible for a DNI, you can work. The question then is, can you get work while you are waiting for your DNI?

There have been recent posts that it takes a year now to get the DNI as well as one post which said no DNI's will be processed until "the new system" is implemented.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can work without the DNI. My husband is working and our appointment for a DNI is at the end of this year!
I just didn't know if they did some different process for him that included a special work permit component.

I wonder does that also mean I can work as an independent or open a company as well?

Celia said:
I'm 99% sure you just need to get a CUIL which is the tax number.
Yes, he as some special number. It's probably the one you mention. I don't know the name.
 

Maikito

Registered
Hello,

If you seek the temp. residency through work, then your employer must be registered in immigraions under the "registro nacional único de requirentes de extranjeros". They also need to create a contract for you.

To work u just need a C.U.I.L. but if you change jobs, the new employer must be registered in immigrations.

If they dont register, the 3 years you need to become a permanent resident through a work visa, will not accumulate. You also need to save all you pay stubs because you need to have pay stub for all 36 months.

So if you plan to stick to your job, then its all good, but if you plan to switch remember that the employer must register at immigration so that your work visa can continue to be renewed every year.
 

criswkh

Registered
Steve- I was the one that said DNI from Foregiens won't be progress until new system. Our lawyers were told that in December. Our lawyers are on the holding pattern. I got my CUIL first then the resident visa permit. Good Luck!
 

Popper

Registered
Not totally unrelated, but in trying to get everything together for my work visa I just sent for my FBI records last week and was wondering if someone could tell me who or how to get them certified and apostilled once they return.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Popper said:
Not totally unrelated, but in trying to get everything together for my work visa I just sent for my FBI records last week and was wondering if someone could tell me who or how to get them certified and apostilled once they return.

I'm not sure I fully understand the logistics. Is the FBI report being sent to you in Argentina? Unless they can do the apostille at the US consulate here, I think you need the have the report "apostilled" in the US. There are firms that do this for a fee, usually a flat rate for all docs done and sent at the same time.
 
Top