Seperate Work Permit?

Maikito said:
Hello,

Official translators legalize it for you, for $30 pesos. Its a cost separate from the translation. But if they only "officially translate it" with no legalization from the "Colegio de Traductores Públicos", immigrations will not take it. It must be legalized.

Thanks for making this post. All of the documents I took to migraciones were legalized when delivered by the translator. I was referring to a separate legalization of copies of the originals by an escribano, which my immigration "lawyer" charged me for when I first applied for the visa. He said those copies would be kept by migraciones and needed additional legalization by the escribano. When I renew, I still take new photocopies of everything as well as the originals, but the photocopies do not have to be legalized separately. Any newly translated documents (such as my recently renewed passport) always come legalized from the translator. Migracones has accepted photocopies of those translations without additional legalization.

mini said:
I already have a resident permit and some kind of number. I want to know if I can get a job -en blanc- (for the little emperor) or if I (or my theoretical employer) need to do other paperwork. Also, can I work as a freelancer or do I need to register somewhere?

You can get a job en blanco, but the employer has to do some paperwork at immigrations if you intend to accumulate the 3 years to become permanent. If the employer doesn't register at immigrations, you will be working in blanco, but when its time to renew your temporary residency, its going to be difficult because your employer is not registered as a "company that hires foreigners". If you get a Gestor, they talk to your HR and they take care of the process.

You cannot get residency as a free lancer and then becoming a "monotributista". You must be employed if you plan to get a work permit.

Maikito said:
You cannot get residency as a free lancer and then becoming a "monotributista". You must be employed if you plan to get a work permit.

Thanks for you reply, but I don't understand the last part. I can or can not work as a monotributista/freelancer? What other paper work (besides the resident permit) do I need to do in order to be working 'en blanco' whether at a company or on my own (monotributista)?

mini said:
Thanks for you reply, but I don't understand the last part. I can or can not work as a monotributista/freelancer? What other paper work (besides the resident permit) do I need to do in order to be working 'en blanco' whether at a company or on my own (monotributista)?

You can work as a freelancer and become a monotributista with your CUIL #(you will most likely need the DNI to become monotributista). Being monotributista is not being in blanco. In a way you are declaring your income, but it does not qualify as a job for immigrations. You need to have a job with "relación de dependencia" (regular job with a contract, a job you depend on).

To work for a company you need to have a CUIL #, the employer has to register at immigrations and make up a contract for you in order to give you the "alta" at immigrations. Then you must renew the temporary residency every year. When you renew, immigrations will want to see all legal paystubs from your job.

If you change jobs and dont have all 12 paystubs, you will loose the accumulated time and will have to start over again. The new employer must register at immigrations, do a contract and all that jazz. If you change jobs make sure you dont loose time. The previuos employer has to write a letter saying you stopped working for them, and then give you a "baja" at immigrations. The new employer must regsiter and present a contract so that they can give you an "alta" again. This way you don't lose the accumulated time and you can beome permanent on the 3rd renewal of your temporary residency.

Maikito said:
You can work as a freelancer and become a monotributista with your CUIL #(you will most likely need the DNI to become monotributista). Being monotributista is not being in blanco. In a way you are declaring your income, but it does not qualify as a job for immigrations. You need to have a job with "relación de dependencia" (regular job with a contract, a job you depend on).

I think we are really have a miscommunication somewhere as I don't understand you.

I thought that to have a freelance job en blanco i need to register myself as a monotributista. I imagine I don't need to set up a company for working freelance, do I? If I'm still en negro whether I register as a monotributista or not that what is the incentive to register?

mini said:
I think we are really have a miscommunication somewhere as I don't understand you.

I thought that to have a freelance job en blanco i need to register myself as a monotributista. I imagine I don't need to set up a company for working freelance, do I? If I'm still en negro whether I register as a monotributista or not that what is the incentive to register?

Ok. As a freelance/monotributista you cannot be en blanco and you cannot apply for residency.

I'm not saying you have to register in immigrations, but the company that hires you (not your freelance services) must register.

Maikito said:
Ok. As a freelance/monotributista you cannot be en blanco and you cannot apply for residency.

I'm not saying you have to register in immigrations, but the company that hires you (not your freelance services) must register.

I already have residency and a # (cuil/cuit? not sure) so I do not need to apply for residency. I said that in the begining.

Now what I want to know is what my options for working are.

mini said:
I already have residency and a # (cuil/cuit? not sure) so I do not need to apply for residency. I said that in the begining.

Now what I want to know is what my options for working are.

I know u said that in the begging. But you never specified which kind of temporary residency you have.

I have my temporary residency through work.

Maikito said:
I know u said that in the begging. But you never specified which kind of temporary residency you have.

I have my temporary residency through work.

I have mine through my husband. I don't know what kind that is? The "kept woman" kind? ;)

mini said:
I have mine through my husband. I don't know what kind that is? The "kept woman" kind? ;)

hahaha. OK. Well, its another story which I am not too familiarized with. I belive that since you have it through your husband I am sure you can just work. When he renews then you automatically renew. When he gets the permanent residency, you automatically get it as well.

You can work with your CUIL number, freelance or with a company. Alhough I'm not sure if you can become monotributista without a DNI. Legally, you only need a CUIL to work. Give AFIP a call and check if you can become monotributista with a temporary residency and your CUIL. I would like to know as well.

Back