Seperate Work Permit?

1) "sepArate" (I learned this the hard way in 9th grade.)

2) You can work in this country without ever even sniffing a work permit. It's called working in "el negro". But the DNI stuff is preferred, because then you can pay into a retirement plan that will never pay anything out.

suerte

Yes the FBI report is being sent to me here in BsAs. The FBI's site specifically says that it will not apostille or certify the report, so I was wondering what authority here or in the states would be able to do it. I already had my birth certificate apostilled by the Secretary of State in South Carolina, but I wasn't sure if a federal authority was required to certify something from a federal bureau.

Popper said:
Yes the FBI report is being sent to me here in BsAs. The FBI's site specifically says that it will not apostille or certify the report, so I was wondering what authority here or in the states would be able to do it. I already had my birth certificate apostilled by the Secretary of State in South Carolina, but I wasn't sure if a federal authority was required to certify something from a federal bureau.

I think you should check with the folks at www.apostille.com.

It will be relatively expensive to have one document processed, and you would have to send it back the the US for them to do it.

I also suggest you contact the consulate in BA to see if they can do it here.

Yeah that website looks expensive for one document. I'm still awaiting a reply from the consulate here to see if they can help. Thanks for your suggestions.

Popper said:
Not totally unrelated, but in trying to get everything together for my work visa I just sent for my FBI records last week and was wondering if someone could tell me who or how to get them certified and apostilled once they return.

After you receive the FBI result it has to be apostilled by 1 of the 50 states. Prefereably the state where your passport was issued or the last state you lived in, but it can be any state.

If you don't want to pay for expensive fees using a private firm, just call the department of state (of your state) and they will tell you how to do it yourself. ASK EVERYTHING so that its not returned with a note saying that something was missing or done incorrectly. It was easy for me. Some states require it to be notirized, and some also require a cover letter simply saying the what it will be used for and which country its going to be used in. So notarize it with a public notary (if needed), Include a cover letter (if needed), then include a check or money order (the amount varies by state) and lastly include a prepaid envelope to your address in Argentina. You will receive it apostilled and they you just have to get it translated and legalized.

Maikito said:
Hello,

If you seek the temp. residency through work, then your employer must be registered in immigraions under the "registro nacional único de requirentes de extranjeros". They also need to create a contract for you.

To work u just need a C.U.I.L. but if you change jobs, the new employer must be registered in immigrations.

If they dont register, the 3 years you need to become a permanent resident through a work visa, will not accumulate. You also need to save all you pay stubs because you need to have pay stub for all 36 months.

So if you plan to stick to your job, then its all good, but if you plan to switch remember that the employer must register at immigration so that your work visa can continue to be renewed every year.

I already have a resident permit and some kind of number. I want to know if I can get a job -en blanc- (for the little emperor) or if I (or my theoretical employer) need to do other paperwork. Also, can I work as a freelancer or do I need to register somewhere?

Napoleon said:
1) "sepArate" (I learned this the hard way in 9th grade.)

Thanks. The title field doesn't have a spell checker. I still don't know the difference between affect & effect. Please don't tell me. In 9th grade I learned that both defense and defence are correct.

2) You can work in this country without ever even sniffing a work permit. It's called working in "el negro". But the DNI stuff is preferred, because then you can pay into a retirement plan that will never pay anything out.

suerte

Is there such a thing as a "work" permit or is my residence permit the same thing? My question was really can I work -en blanco-. I already know how to work -en negro-. I guess that wasn't as obvious as I thought! ;)

Maikito said:
You will receive it apostilled and they you just have to get it translated and legalized.

At first I paid extra to an escribano to "legalize" translated documents. I later discovered that migraciones accepts the "official translations" without additional legalization.

steveinbsas said:
At first I paid extra to an escribano to "legalize" translated documents. I later discovered that migraciones accepts the "official translations" without additional legalization.

Hello,

Official translators legalize it for you, for $30 pesos. Its a cost separate from the translation. But if they only "officially translate it" with no legalization from the "Colegio de Traductores Públicos", immigrations will not take it. It must be legalized.

Back