Set alight by her husband. Why is this happening time and again in Argentina?

I would happily donate blood here like I did in the UK but I can't as I might have mad cow disease like all brits and they wont let me.

Ironically I also can't donate blood in the UK as I've now lived in South America.

Raymond said:
The case is still open, and my good friend´s sister is just one day out of an induced coma after receiving burns to 40% of her body, and so information is sketchy but allegedly she was set alight by her husband. She needs blood donors, so if you are able to please do.

POR FAVOR NO OLVIDEN AVISARME LOS QUE PUEDAN IR. MUCHAS GRACIAS POR TODO.

Hola Amigos. Bueno, nunca imagine estar haciendo este pedido pero acá me encuentro necesitando DADORES DE SANGRE PARA MI HERMANA. Ella tiene 3 hijos de 4, 6 y 11 años que la necesitan. seria de gran ayuda si pueden acercarse a lo largo de esta semana a las direcciones que apunto debajo.
No se necesita un tipo de sangre en particular, lo que si es necesario es que se presenten y mencionen que van a donar sangre para: ALBA FERNANDEZ, MACARENA.
Para informes y consultas: (CLINICA DEL BUEN PASTOR: 4627-5595)
Las personas con tatuajes PUEDEN pero solo si el tatuaje tiene mas de 12 meses.
AYUNO DE 6 HS
Si lo hacen por favor avisarme de alguna manera ya que necesito llevar un control debido a que se estima que ella necesitara varias operaciones a lo largo de 3 meses.
Mi telefono:15-5180-5176
Desde ya muchas gracias a todos.
Naza.

DIRECCIONES PARA DONAR:
CAPITAL FEDERAL:
Av Cordoba 6429 Lunes a Sabado 7:30 a 13 hs
Av Independencia 1816 Lunes a Viernes 8 a 12 hs
MORON:
Boatti 4 esq Sarmiento Lunes a Sabado 730 a 13 hs
CAMPO DE MAYO:
Av Vergara 6100 Puerta 1 Lunes a Sabado 8 a 12 hs

Thinking that maybe a little due diligence might be in order before I go opening a vein...

1) First thing, a google search produced this: http://blogsdelagente.com/elperiodi...a-•-se-trata-macarena-alba-docente-de-moreno/

2) I called the cell number provided in Raymond's post. I spoke with Naza, Macarena's brother. He confirmed what was written in the post and what is available on the website above.

2) I checked the CapFed address provided in the post (Cordoba 6429). It is indeed a hematological center: http://www.fuhesa.org.ar

3) Finally, I called a good friend who is a very well-respected MD in Buenos Aires. Gave him all the facts as I know them. He said it sounded legit.

So I'm going to go over to the clinic sometime this week. If everything checks out, I'll give blood. If anyone else is thinking of doing so, or has any opinion on any of this, I'd love to hear about it.

Raymond, since this is your thread, feel free to chime in.

KarlaBA, i am laughing (albeit good-naturedly) at you. The United States was not anything as you describe in the 50s. I came of age in the 50s, I was a teen-ager in the 50s. I saw the 50s. Wherever you got that it is pure propaganda. Women had it GOOD in the US in the 50s. Men had (and took) responsibility for providing for and protecting the family and grew up being taught to respect women. We women were on a pedestal then and I never figured out why they wanted to step down (well I did, brainwashing, but are we women really that stupid???) I grew up in Miami, in case you wonder. Women weren't expected to work to support the family, then come home tired to try to be a mother and wife, as they are now. A woman's job in the home was respected. She COULD work outside but really caring for a family properly is a full-time job, which is why it isn't done all that well today. Women just don't have the time or the energy to devote to it.

Women have a terrible situation now, by comparison, in the US. And I don't care how hard you try you are not going to make a woman (homemaker) out of a man. I think trying to do that is the cause of a lot of family problems. God made the man to go out and get the deer and bring it back to feed the family. It kind of defines who he is. You can try to force that square peg into a round hole all you want but it won't work! In the 50s we had about 1 divorce in 50. Today it is almost one in every two. Women had a good life in the 50's. So all you younger people who didn't see the 50s, please don't buy into the lies. Women's situation has gotten worse, not better. Plus we don't have the respect and the awe of our men like we did back then either. It has been a lose-lose for both.

PhilipDT said:
You're sick. Get help.

Her husband is not in jail? Thats an outrage!

Raymond. As an AB+ I'm usually pretty useless for whole blood donations, but if they have the facilities and it would help your friends sister, I can donate plasma on Saturday.

Thank you! From what I was told (and I know nought about burn victims) Nazareno said it did not matter which type, I haven´t caught up with him to ask the whyfors but perhaps that would be a nice deviation from my original rhetorical question aimed more at the human condition than the sexes.
So I ask, why doesn´t the blood type matter in this case?

Thanks in advance to any that are able to donate, and for those with kind words and wishes.

Come on, put it up, I will explain myself. Or maybe you're doing me a favor?

Feel free to PM. You know everyone wanted to say it.

arlean said:
Women had it GOOD in the US in the 50s. Men had (and took) responsibility for providing for and protecting the family and grew up being taught to respect women. We women were on a pedestal then and I never figured out why they wanted to step down (well I did, brainwashing, but are we women really that stupid???) I grew up in Miami, in case you wonder. Women weren't expected to work to support the family, then come home tired to try to be a mother and wife, as they are now. A woman's job in the home was respected. She COULD work outside but really caring for a family properly is a full-time job, which is why it isn't done all that well today. Women just don't have the time or the energy to devote to it.

Women have a terrible situation now, by comparison, in the US. And I don't care how hard you try you are not going to make a woman (homemaker) out of a man. I think trying to do that is the cause of a lot of family problems. God made the man to go out and get the deer and bring it back to feed the family. It kind of defines who he is. You can try to force that square peg into a round hole all you want but it won't work! In the 50s we had about 1 divorce in 50. Today it is almost one in every two. Women had a good life in the 50's. So all you younger people who didn't see the 50s, please don't buy into the lies. Women's situation has gotten worse, not better. Plus we don't have the respect and the awe of our men like we did back then either. It has been a lose-lose for both.

:eek:

Yes, feminism really took off as a movement because women were sooo thrilled with exactly the way things were in the 50s. All those couples who didn't get divorced because they were just so madly in love!! And I agree, every single man was just thrilled to have all the financial pressure on him to support his entire family. Gosh, I know when the oil bust happened in the late 80s that my dad was absolutely devastated, not because he lost his job, but because my mom became a pre-school teacher to help support their three young kids under age 10. How dare she! :confused:

Nowadays U.S. women can CHOOSE, and thank god for that. Whether you want to be a stay-at-home mom and housewife, or an unmarried, childless CEO, or somewhere in between. I have to tell you, my boyfriend has several friends (Latin Americans) who are married with kids in this traditional situation you speak so fondly of, and man are they stressed trying to make that work with the lovely 25% inflation going on in Argentina while their wives sit at home playing on the internet while the kids are in school...

Give blood, not opinions. Organize a group, call the news paper, tell them what you are doing, why, where and when. They will cover the story and pick up on the "WHY" and this story will get proper attention. Just maybe, it will inspire some locals to donate also.

Raymond said:
Thank you! From what I was told (and I know nought about burn victims) Nazareno said it did not matter which type, I haven´t caught up with him to ask the whyfors but perhaps that would be a nice deviation from my original rhetorical question aimed more at the human condition than the sexes.
So I ask, why doesn´t the blood type matter in this case?

Thanks in advance to any that are able to donate, and for those with kind words and wishes.

I know next to nothing about the blood-bank situation here. But I do know that when someone needs surgery it is standard procedure for hospitals to ask that family members and friends donate at least the same quantity of blood that will be needed for the operation. It's just to keep the bank at status quo (or better). My father-in-law needed an operation a couple of years ago. The whole family came from all over to donate blood - no matter their blood-type. Because Macarena needs various procedures over three months, this family has to go outside their immediate circle.

Back